• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my perpetually licensed Photoshop CS6 failing to run until I renew my Creative Cloud subscription when I do not have one? [was: Can]

Participant ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Creative Suite CS6 serialized install of Photoshop and it's failing to run with the message that I need to renew my Creative Cloud subscription. Since this is not bound to CC, I have no idea why it's breaking my CS6 install. I uninstalled and reinstalled and that seemed to work for a few days but now I'm seeing the error again. I can't use Photoshop or any of the other installed CS6 apps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally just had to buy Pixelmator so I could work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cgbeige,

Thanks for contacting Adobe support.

I have checked your account details, there is an expired subscription on your Adobe Id, which is why its recognizing it and asking you to renew your subscription.

Please try to sign in with a different Adobe Id and revert if it still persists.

Thanks,

Atul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok - but why would this block access to perpetually licensed software? This would affect others in the same situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cbccabinetry,

Its is not blocking perpetual products, however, as CS 6 is included in Creative Cloud as "Previous versions". CS6 gets activated and deactivated with Creative Cloud account.

When you use your Adobe Id linked with creative cloud, it recognizes your expired subscription any notify you to renew it.

I hope it would work if you would use another Adobe Id.

Thanks,

Atul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines