Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Management of App Versions in Creative Cloud to Save Disk Space

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, Adobe team,

I’m a tech enthusiast and a dedicated user of various Adobe programs, including the beta versions of your software. I’ve encountered a challenge that I believe could be improved for a better user experience.

With the frequent updates and beta versions, such as Premier 2024 and Premier Pro 2024, managing these different versions along with their caches has become a bit cumbersome. Each version maintains its own cache, leading to significant hard disk space consumption.

Suggestion: I highly recommend implementing a feature within Creative Cloud that automatically manages these versions, ideally removing or archiving older versions once a new one is installed. This feature could help users save valuable disk space and streamline the workflow, especially for those of us juggling between standard and beta versions of Adobe apps.

If you also check the mobile apps competition you will see that when we download a new app from app store, we don't have any issues with the previous versions in our mobile devices, but here even in the standard versions of 2023 and 2024 we have such issues in all adobe products. 

Implementing such a feature would not only enhance the user experience by simplifying version management but also address the practical concern of disk space management, which is crucial for users working with high-demand applications.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. Your continued innovation greatly enhances our creative endeavors.

Best regards, Motahar Akbar

Idea No status
TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm right there with you! Dealing with multiple Adobe versions and their caches is a real headache. Your suggestion to have Creative Cloud handle it automatically makes total sense. I'm facing the same problem and think this would be a game-changer. Here's hoping Adobe takes notice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your support and for sharing your experience! It’s reassuring to know I’m not alone in facing this challenge. I agree, an automated system for managing versions and caches in Creative Cloud could really transform our workflows and make our creative processes much more efficient.

I believe the more of us share this feedback, the higher the chance Adobe will consider implementing such a feature. Perhaps we could encourage others facing similar issues to voice their support for this idea as well? Also, if you have any additional suggestions or specific ideas on how this feature could work best for you, I’d love to hear them. Together, we can make a stronger case to Adobe!

Here's to hoping for a positive change!

Votes

Translate

Translate