• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (AI) Use AI to recommend composition and crop images

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have 1000 headshots, shot al all different focal lengths. I edit it down to 100.

I crop one to the client's standards and would love to be able to auto-crop the others to a similar crop. Yes, this will require VERY SIMPLE AI. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a portrait photographer and I often give my clients lots of pictures that need to have a uniform visual (headshots), it would be nice to have an intelligent croping tool (based on IA), for example: you set the location of the eyes and mouth, and the tool would crop the portraits with the same visual, or the capability to  use my own grid for the croping tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why we don't have a crop based on facial recognition included? As lightroom have today many mask features featuring objects recognition , will be great to have that on other tools , like Crop.

I work with students pictures. Will be great to have a tool to auto Crop included on the Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since we have many inclusions of AI-based processes in the updates, it would be perfect if the crop tool could use this processing to have the same crop in photos that are similar and that have the possibility of detecting the body, face or even eyes, using what already exists in mask detections. This would greatly reduce crop time in a studio shoot or even outdoor shots that have people, animals or things detectable by the AI.

Captura de Tela 2023-06-04 às 18.17.10.png

Captura de Tela 2023-06-04 às 18.17.33.png

Captura de Tela 2023-06-04 às 18.17.45.png

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a burst of shots is taken, a little bit of camera move results in the subject being positioned in a different place across multiple frames.  This happens a LOT in sports when the subject is moving and you're panning to follow...

WISH:  When processing these bursts and cropping-in .. it would be SUPER USEFUL to (a) crop the first image in a series to the framing you like, and then (b) go back to Grid view, select multiple photos and choose "Crop Series"... which would use AI to position the crop rectangle so that each image in the series would keep the subject in the same spot in the frame.

Today you have to do this manually .. and it takes forever to position, resize the crop rectangle so each frame "matches".  It's particularly hard because LR doesn't keep the frame size/position constant when you're flipping from one image to another and engaging the crop function.  (eg. you can't "point to a spot on the screen" where you want the head to be.. the UX jumps it around.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 45+ portraits that i took handheld. Wouldn't it be nice to have a feature that selecting all of them centers each one automatically to something like eye level? 

I try to have the topmost crosslines on their chin, but some pleople are more to the right, others to the left, etc. This feature would be a total time saver.

Guillereu_0-1693504585377.png

Thanks for reading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about an Ai based crop tool, that finds the main subject and crops in on it aesthetically pleasing. Of course this should work as "batch processing".

If it does a good job: Time saved.
If not: It hast to be done manually anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Not really what I am proposing, I'm thinking about "full auto" not manually and adjust to simliar images.

Also not a Classic Proposal but for Mobile (ideally both).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wurstkrapfen 

Since this would be a Photography Products function (CR/LrC/LrE) we place it in the Lightroom Classic Forum because it has 3x the traffic of LrE and 10x the traffic of CR. Technically, the Camera Raw forum is the correct forum for this type of Cross-product feature. We track things like this in Lightroom Classic to improve visibility. 

The team has asked that AI Cropping features, regardless of nuance, be combined into a single thread for holistic evaluation of a future AI cropping feature. As we contemplate new features, the breadth of the requested scope gets lost when posted across many forums and slightly different requests. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised that this functionality is still not available in ANY converter out there. There are some plugins available but no editors do this that I am aware of.

So here it goes...it would be a HUGE timesaver for portrait photographers especially on location like business headshots, school photography etc where you want a consistent look when sending proofs. Since ACR can recognize faces and bodies I would like to generate crop presets based on headsize, crop ratio, top margin etc set by the user. After that preset has been set you should be able to batchrun it and ALL your portraits would look identical from a crop perspective even if the original images have different framing due to movements etc.

It could either be preset-based as explained above OR perhaps an easier solution: simply using "sync". Ie set the crop of your choice in the first image and then use "sync" and an option called "AI sync cropping" or something similar. When run the rest of the images will be cropped accordingly based on face position and look exactly the same. As the model and camera haven't moved an inch.

I hope this makes sense. It would be a HUGE deal for high volume portrait photographers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting idea and a very good usage for AI. I imagine directly syncing crop would greatly simplify how the user was to instruct what particular framing was wanted. Certainly simpler to implement an interface for, than would be a crop layout template designer of some sort.

Are you aware of "loupe overlay"? It's not a perfect (manual) answer so far as usability, but AFAIK is the only assistance available for now, in getting consistent framing across a set of images.

Another idea already exists here, with consistent (manual) cropping in mind -  custom-crop-overlay 

Votes

Translate

Translate