• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to create a Smart Collection with GPS data

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPS data is a powerful tool for keeping a large dataset (over 80,000 images for me) organized. The prerequisite for this is that you have assigned GPS data to all images. This is the case with me.

However, working with GPS data in LRC is very cumbersome. I can create positions in the map module. But these are only limited to the geometric figure of the circle. I can investigate which photos I have in my database within a radius of 200 or x meters of the cathedral square of Milan. I then have many needles in my circle. But I can create a collection from these images only in a roundabout way and not directly. A smart collection is not possible. This means that I always have to delete an old collection and create a current one, so that I am sure that the current images are also in the collection. Here the possibility of a smart collection would be helpful.

However, the restriction to the geometric figure of the circle is very limiting. It should be possible to draw right corner and elypses in the map module, and then create an image collection (as smart as possible) from these geometric figures in the map module. This would allow me to target which images I have in my database that I shot on the Champs Elysée in Paris or on Via Napione in Milan.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?