• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Likes and Comments

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
180 Comments
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would also be nice to be able to get comments and likes from LR mobile users without an Adobe ID.
THe need for an Adobe ID often keeps customers or friends form using this features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my number one question asked by customers when I use lightroom mobile as a proofing album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And would be great if customer/friends could like and dislike ie they could do the sorting on their end.
And yes without Adobe ID would be even better

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible that you can filter on LIKES in Lightroom!! What's the use of having clients "like" photos if you then can't select them in Lightroom? Hello Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confused why Likes exist if we can't do anything with them. Comments as well should be searchable and filterable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we can share individual collections with clients via public links & those we share with are able to comment & "like" photos, it seems like it would be mega helpful to be able to sort, in the catalog, by comments. Essentially, eliminating everything that doesn't have a comment or a "like" from the view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please please Adobe - make the online galleries a better client selection tool. After a shoot, its hard for a client to just randomly go through and heart images and be somewhat thoughtful and discriminating. I wind up getting a ton of image selections from clients. I've started using the Canon app on a tablet on site (via camera wifi) as well and clients can rate their images on that app which is transmitted to the desktop when I transfer them. It would be great for clients to be able to see their ratings and change them in the online gallery. Normally if I have a desktop or laptop and the time with a client, we sit down and go through the process. I advise my clients to one star the images, then show only the one ratings and let them selectively increase the ratings to 2 stars and so on until they have the target number of total images to be selected. We need to be able to watermark the images and it would be great to be able to limit the total number of selections the client can make.
We also need to be able to right click on a collection and show images only with comments, new comments and likes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree 200% with all the above comments.  I've just spent almost 2 hours navigating adobe support, most of which was watching a person poke around on my machine guessing at how to fix this.  
yes, this should be a basic feature in any photog software that offers any cloud/sync service.  what's the point of a like button if it can't be used for anything?  

how about taking that like/comment info and "convert" it to metadata so that it can be filtered just like flags, stars, keywords, etc?

yes please add the like/comment info so that it can be filtered in the collections.  clients review the web gallery, like the pics they want, I filter back in Lr, and get on with retouching.  

also to agree with a comment above, it would be great if clients could like/comment without and adobe ID... not the end of the world, but making this seamless on the client side makes me and you Adobe look good.  

While it's cool that we have such great technology, if you are going to offer a "feature" then make sure it's actually functional and has a purpose.  as of now the like button is at best a lame Facebook-esque button.  

Whether I like it or not Adobe you've forced us all into this cloud based subscription model.  So, if we have no choice then please bring your A game.  This should be a basic fundamental feature in ANY photography software, especially from you Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, unless I missed it, when sharing a collection to Lr mobile, none of the images display any metadata, as in the name of the file.  This might be my error but seeing as the like feature doesn't work, how is my client suppose to pick from hundreds of images, they can't even write down a file name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said everyone.  Adobe, Can you hear us?   The weakness of this feature is laughable.  You create a good idea, then make it worthless for any real use.

Stop with the silly 'user friendly' features like the recent import debacle. And focus on the tools professionals need. They are your market, not the iphone crowd.

Focus on getting a better interface for keywords. It needs a lot of work in that area too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ask my clients to go add a comment to it to let me know which image they are talking about versus just getting them to give me a filename. Then I have to look through the session for the comment. Not exactly efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats it in a nutshell. Address the pros please!! Adobe developers inadvertently made a start on a client selection tool because they wanted to create a "mobile" app. We pros like this issue being addressed as the client image selection process for tens of thousands of pro shooters is onerous and painful for us AND our clients. Some help for it would be SOOOO appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all the above comments.
The need and benefit for such collaboration feature should (hopefully) be plainly obvious to anyone at Adobe who has even a hint of practical experience working with clients.

The rough basics are implemented, but the practical usability has stopped not even half way in the development it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all the above comments.
The need and benefit for such collaboration feature should (hopefully) be plainly obvious to anyone at Adobe who has even a hint of practical experience working with clients.

The rough basics are implemented, but the practical usability has stopped not even half way in the development it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I released a new plugin, Any Comment, which helps you work more efficiently with comments and likes downloaded from Lightroom Mobile and publish services like Flickr:

- Search and filter photos by the comment and like text, author, date, and number.
- Sort photos by the date and number of their comments and likes.
- See all the comments and likes from different publish services consolidated in one place.
- Permanently store comments and likes in photo's metadata, making it available to external applications and other catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for taking constructive action!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for addressing this issue. I hate to be a noob but I can't figure out how to install it???? Sorry, I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sterling, please send email to the support email address with details of what you've tried: http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/anycomment.htm#support

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 75 synchronized collections and almost 9000 images, i'm very glad not to have to check these manually for comments (likes)....
Thanks John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you sort Library Grid view by Last Comment Time when more than one mobile-synced collection is selected? Seems like a silly restriction that wasn't deliberate.

Use case: A user has many mobile collections and wants to quickly deal with all the recent comments and likes. She has to tediously select each mobile collection in turn and select Sort: Last Comment Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be terrific to have an easy way on LR desktop and LR mobile/online to filter for photos that have been selected as favorites and/or commented upon in LR Mobile or on the web interface for photos sync'd to LR Mobile. 
Having just finished a 30-minute conversation with an Adobe tech, there is a very inelegant way to do this using Metadata (on LR desktop) to create a smart collection, but it was not entirely accurate in any of the three tests I did. 
Best case would be to have simple filtering buttons (on all the LR interfaces: desktop, web, mobile) - similar to Flagged, Unflagged and Rejected - for those photos that have been "favorited" or commented upon. 
This filtering would be EXTREMELY useful to the photographer, but I can also see it being helpful functionality for clients, as well. For example, if I limit a client to 20 selects from a take, and they make those selects using either comments or favorites (or both), there is no simple way for them to see, at any point, how many photos they've chosen, unless the scroll thru every photo in the collection and keep some kind of tally sheet.
Thank you for your consideration and I will hope to see this functionality in a future upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It would be terrific to have an easy way on LR desktop and LR mobile/online to filter for photos that have been selected as favorites and/or commented upon in LR Mobile or on the web interface for photos sync'd to LR Mobile."

To quickly find photos with recent comments/likes in a single synced collection: In the Collections panel, select a collection synced with LR Mobile/Web. Then do View > Sort > Last Comment Time.

Unfortunately, you can't select more than one collection and then sort by last comment time (silly LR restriction).

For more flexibility in dealing with comments and likes, see the Any Comment plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with all of that comments. 

Would be really useful to be able to filter and see the commented photos. 
We build Evlaa exactly for that purpose : Simplify the photos selection with a client. 

They are able to rate and comment the photos and we can retrieve these directly in Lightroom. 
But for the comments, we are not able to filter, so it's a bit hard for the users to see them. 

As a work-around, we send an email when a selection is done with all the comments and ratings like that we can have a good view of what photos are commented. 

Feel free to have a look on Evlaa and let me know what do you think about. 
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, better functionality of sharing galleries and receiving feedback from clients (seeing and sorting likes) would be much appreciated and long overdue and should be an essential part of cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc, 
Have a look on Evlaa, you should like it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate