• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mouse Scroll wheel enabled for Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse Scroll wheel does not work on Lightroom sliders on mac. Comming from windows these function is missing a lot on Mac.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom for years on my PC.  When I edit and use the sliders to adjust, I always click on the tab or dot in the middle then scroll with my mouse on the scroll wheel to adjust it +  or - .  Well, I just switched to a MacBook Pro and both mice I have are compatible and work fine with everything except on the sliders.  When I click on a slider to adjust it, it just scrolls the whole editing window up or down.  This is super inconvenient when you're used to using the wheel the whole time to be efficient. Anyone have some help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched to a MacBook Pro and both mice I have are compatible and work fine with everything except on the sliders. 

I believe that Mac LR never implemented changing Develop sliders with the mouse wheel: Lightroom: LR 4.4 mouse scroll wheel does not work on sliders | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just switched from Windows to Mac due to a laptop failure and this is a dealbreaker for me. My whole muscle memory is built on touching the slider and scrolling a couple clicks up or down for guaranteed 1 or 10 point increments. Having to manually slide left and right or type in the number I need is going to take too long. I'll focus on fixing the laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Is it avaible in lightroom on macOS to change the photo settings *like a light, contrast etc.* by the mouse wheel? While working on windows i prefer this type of change "slider" position. On macOs I have to make a click and move it by move a mouse. Are you have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid it won't do what you want.  You might review this short video to see the mulitiple ways the sliders can be moved.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkqZXc5zpI&t=16s 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please add mouse wheel control 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible for Adobe to make such an update? Or I am not to expect it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's possible for Adobe to make such an update? Or I am not to expect it?"

Given that people have been asking for this on Mac since the beginning of LR, I think it's unlikely they'll implement it.  (There was a previous request for this on the old feedback forum that apparently didn't get migrated over to the new platform.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing more in LrC on macOS Ventura 13.1, not being able to use mouse wheel up/down for slider control once clicked on center pin is extremely frustrating. It too is built into my muscle memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a previous Windows user, I can but strongly request this feature from Adobe! The time saver that it provides is incredibly huge.

Votes

Translate

Translate