• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: view larger thumbnails when importing to Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently begun importing into Lightroom cc instead of classic so that I can take advantage of the cloud storage and have raw files everywhere. However, I can't find a way to enlarge the thumbnails in the add photos screen. With classic, you are able to select individual images before importing and view them larger which is really helpful when comparing two similar photos for which one is sharper. I really don't want to have to import every picture on my card in order to decide if its sharp enough to keep. is there a command or option in settings to allow this that I am overlooking? thanks.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Advocate ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that feature has not yet been included in the VERY new version 1.1

If Adobe waited to release Lr CC until it satisfied every users wish list, it would not be released until around 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can vote here as a feature request:

Lightroom CC: Ability to view full size photos or grid when importing | Photoshop Family Customer Co...

Yes, the import dialog is basic at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I've been doing is opening the card in Windows/uploading the whole card to a RAW dropbox file. Then I go from there, identify photos I want to keep and move only those into Lightroom CC. I am not keeping all my photos in CC either. WAY too little storage and I pay for other storage so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in the import window, you can just press 'e' on your keyboard (shortcut for 'expand/enlarge') and the photo will become larger.  Then, you can use the shortcut 'p' to select a photo and 'x' to deselect a photo. (I'm not sure which version of Lightroom I'm using...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new CC isn't made for professionals so most of the important features are missing.

And this is definitely good way to make money, because you can't enlarge pics before importing so you end up uploading all pics to cloud. Soon you'll be buying more cloud space. Or like me changing to Capture One.

Deal breaker.  It wouldn't be if Classic would be more modern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's now 2022 and this thing is still not an option like so much else 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real reason why Adobe hasn't implemented the feature is that they don't exist for the good of consumer...they exist to milk the consumer for all they're worth...in this case selling cloud storage space that wouldn't be necessary if their tools were better designed/featured. What's the link?  By not making it easy to sort out which photos you should import with an "Enlarge" preview (which, we know, wouldn't be hard to implement), customers import more photos than they need to to avoid throwing away potentially good ones.  Thus using more storage, giving Adobe more money.  It's little things like this that have made me cancel my CC subscription..hundreds of little sleazy details that add up,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely hilarious. Why even have a review stage if you can't review your pictures lmao Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is sick and infuriating. Windows .arw extension previews are absolutely broken as well. They take forever to load and turn every portrait picture landscape. My only option is importing and deleting hundreds of pictures manually. Adobe, shame on you. I am beyond words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! I thought I was the only one finding this annoying... I want to access the photos on all my devices that's why I started using Lightroom CC.. but it is beyond annoying that there is no feature from Adobe from this.. especially since it would be so easy to implement it.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now an idea (feature request) due to the old link being outdated.

Please click the Upvote button at the top of the thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree 100%, I did a similar post few days ago.

I don't understand how there aren't many more people who want this, it would save us all having to import ALL the photos and then have to delete them. It's illogical.

If Adobe puts larger thumbnails (full screen), being able to zoom in with your fingers (with a decent resolution), being able to scroll through photos in full screen forwards or backwards with your finger and being able to select them with a small "checkbox"... with all this, the import process would be infinitely faster, since we could make the selection BEFORE importing, only the photos we want would be imported, and the rest would not have to travel from the SD to the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Grid view needs larger maximum thumbnails. I use a 27 inch monitor so at max thumbnail size I get 4 x 2 view but this is still too small to be usuable for culling purposes for the kind of photography I do. Its a real issue when sifting through a catalog of 1000s of images from a job. Please Adobe fix this please, it would make my work flow so much easier and more efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to October 2023 where this feature still isn't a thing yet...... like so much else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get angry every time I import photos because of this intentional flaw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this feature??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news, 6 years later, same old junk. Switch to Capture One, it's worth it. 

Capture One > Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would love to if they just made the smart masks better.  That one feature literally kills my Capture One workflow... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate