• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Display multiple versions of same image side by side.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created multiple versions of the same image using Lightroom CC. 

Is there a way of selecting two or more of these versions to display them side by side or horizontally above one another?

This is easy to do in Lightroom classic using the virtual copy funtion, but I can not see how to do this in the CC version.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not possible. Versions are more like Snapshots in LrC, rather that Virtual Copies. I suppose you could select one of the versions, make a duplicate, go back to the original and select a different version, make a duplicate. Then you could compare the two duplicates (remembering to delete them after you've finished the comparing). Not ideal, but about all that you can do at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks for that.
LR Classic still has a lot of functionality that I would love to see in LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. Smart Albums (Smart Collections in LrC) is my current "most missed" feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've converted this to a feature request for you. If others would like this feature, please cast a vote at the top of the page.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i was told to make a feature request because the feature is existing only for my MacBook Pro and not for my Ipad pro. For the moment there is no side-by-side comparison (XY) in LR for Ipad. This feature is very important to get rid of the less sharp fotos. I try to travel light but until now i have to carry the macbook for side-by-side comparison (xy) and the Ipad as cell phone with mobil data so i do not need unsecure WLAN/Wifi. With side-by-side comparison (xy) included on the Ipad i would safe nearly 2 kg weight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question is simple, there are threads going back 4-6 years now asking about virtual copies. This is probably the last big deal breaker preventing me from switching to Cloud/Mobile. I know you can make duplicates in Lightroom (cloudy) desktop but not in mobile and regardless, they don't function the same as virtual copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is very unfortunate that Adobe employees merge posts into threads that do not address the question. It feels like they don't want these feature gap threads at the top of the community forums. It frankly feels dishonest.

Votes

Translate

Translate