• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integration with layers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a retoucher and been having a play with using Generative Fill in Photoshop Beta.

It works great with tedious tasks like removing shadows, reflections, background objects, etc without having to do much masking. If the AI layer mask is good, adjustment layers clipped to it and/or you do some manual work on top to make it more believable.

The issue is, if I have any adjustment layers on the overall image, the AI will sample EVERYTHING essentially doubling up on the adjustments instead of sampling just the selected layer.

Left to right: original image, Generative Fill without any adjustment layers and Generative Fill if you use it with adjustment layers applied (I made my curves and hue/sat more dramatic and my mask really rough to illustrate this)

P.S. Yes, if you: do it before adding adjustments/do all the adjustments in Lightroom/do it as a final step, then it's fine, but when using a non destructive retouching method, makes things frustrating

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anastasia2440441838fq what happens if you turn off the adjustment layer prior to generation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will generate without that layer. Which is still not ideal for a fast workflow. (especially if you have a few adjustment layers)

There are obviously work arounds, but again, it slows down the workflow and should definitely be addressed in settings 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anastasia2440441838fq not saying this should be the end result, but its good to have the details for the team. Thanks for reporting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yes, 100%, I was going to include this in the original post, but assumed it was implied 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate