• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcript Translation Feature in Adobe Premiere will be helpful

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The inclusion of a Transcript Translation Feature in Adobe Premiere would greatly enhance the usability and accessibility of the software. This feature would allow users to easily translate video transcripts into different languages directly within the Adobe Premiere interface.

With the Transcript Translation Feature, users would have the ability to import video transcripts and seamlessly translate them into multiple languages. This functionality would not only save time and effort but also enable content creators to reach a broader audience by providing translated subtitles or captions.

The feature could offer a range of translation options, including automatic machine translation as well as the ability to manually edit and refine translations for accuracy. Users would have the flexibility to choose from a variety of supported languages, ensuring that their content can be effectively translated and understood by viewers worldwide.

Having the Transcript Translation Feature integrated into Adobe Premiere would streamline the localization process, making it easier for video editors and content creators to produce multilingual videos. This would be especially beneficial for international collaborations, global marketing campaigns, and educational content that aims to reach a diverse audience.

By empowering users to translate transcripts within Adobe Premiere, this feature would simplify the workflow, save time, and enable more efficient video localization. It would be a valuable addition for professionals working with multilingual content, fostering better communication and expanding the reach of their videos to a global scale.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Hi VladPros,

Thanks for the feature request. I will move this into the "Ideas" forum for you. I hope the team can implement this for you at some point in the future. 

All the Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
23 Comments
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automatic captioning/subtitling in premiere is awesome. However, I'm wondering if there is any way to auto translate the subtitles/captions and apply them to the time code? I'm creating some videos where I need to have subtitles in several languages. Right now, I do auto translate using another service - but it would be so much simpler if I could just do it all in Premiere Pro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro's transcription feature currently returns the spoken language used in the vocals.  Translation of the transcripbed spoken word is a good feature request.

A big issue for translated transcriptions though is context.  During my years at Technicolor, the translation for home video would happen to the transcript in its native language and then get checked during the quality control pass while the movie is playing by someone who speaks the language natively for use in context.  The corrections were usually minor, but frequent.  

Rev Speech-to-Text Services | Convert Audio & Video to Text offers foreign subtitles at an affordable rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Yes - We actually use maestra to translate and get the translated srt file. We find that if we make sure and clean up the orignial audio subtitles, then the translation is much cleaner. Still not perfect, but pretty good so that a person listening can understand what's being said. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this feature available now in 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not available yet.  I've tried to find it and no luck.  You get subtitles for the spoken language in the video only, no translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good idea. The most important thing is to wait )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need that feature as soon as possibile, is a gamechanger. Even if not perfect, would speedup the process a lot. And now with AI like chatgpt even context should not be a problem. Implement more AI to premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VladPros,

Thanks for the feature request. I will move this into the "Ideas" forum for you. I hope the team can implement this for you at some point in the future. 

All the Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Integrating AI-powered subtitle or transcript-to-voice functionality into Adobe Premiere would be an incredibly valuable addition for video editors. This feature would provide a convenient and efficient solution for producing translated versions of videos with voice-over using AI technology, all within a single software platform.

With this AI-powered functionality, video editors could easily generate voice-overs for translated transcripts or subtitles directly within Adobe Premiere. Instead of relying on external tools or multiple software applications, users would have the convenience of accessing all the necessary features in one place.

The AI-driven voice-over capability could leverage advanced machine learning algorithms to create natural-sounding voices in various languages. Video editors would be able to choose from a range of voices, adjust parameters such as speed and tone, and synchronize the voice-over with the video content. This would enable them to produce high-quality, multilingual videos more efficiently and effectively.

By providing an all-in-one solution for translating and incorporating AI-generated voice-overs, Adobe Premiere would significantly streamline the localization process. Video editors could save time and effort, eliminating the need for manual voice recordings or outsourcing voice-over talent. This would ultimately contribute to faster video production and quicker turnaround times.

Furthermore, the availability of this comprehensive feature would make Adobe Premiere an even more attractive and valuable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this. Be able to also translate the voice in multi-language with ai, we can finally do multi language videos for youtube quality with ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whi is this not a feature?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Adobe is thinking about a much-needed function that should be laid down at the very beginning with the release of transcription editing, Blackmagic simply took and implemented this feature for one-two-three. Therefore, time is ticking and decisions need to be made promptly in order to stay afloat. No matter how many users asked for this feature, Adobe employees kindly pushed aside. Here is the result. Use it for your health.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is important for us to translate video faster in multi language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for this as well. For now I'm using the free tool https://translate.mom which offers foreign subtitles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might give this a try but seems expensive. For now I'm using the free tool https://translate.mom which also offers foreign subtitles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to script a plugin myself, but still outside premire, but now i can translate in all languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While CapCut has already incorporated AI-powered text-to-voice capabilities into its platform, offering users an integrated and efficient solution for generating voice-overs directly within the app, Adobe Premiere Pro still lacks this feature. This omission in Adobe's professional-grade software is notable, especially considering the potential such a function could have in streamlining the video production process. The absence of an AI-driven voice-over tool within Adobe Premiere Pro necessitates that video editors rely on external solutions or manual recordings, which can be time-consuming and less efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regionalizing content is usually done after the picture is locked to an edited distribution file with splits.

As such, it's something that's done after the video editing is completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't Resolve do English only?

At least that's what the user guide indicates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news for a feature like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anya025 

There is no automated translation at this time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is a MUST for a proffesional tool like Premiere Pro.
There're 2 things you should consider implementing ASAP:
1)  Captions translate, by using any free online translator of your choice, instead of doing this manually, having the ability to do it just from the tool will save lot of time, import/export etc.

2) AI Assisted Voice Over, there are some tools already that do that in the market (even a video editor), so I think this is also a great feature, that should allow you to, with the captions generated use text-to-speech to generate the voice again in another language, also, by emulating the voice thanks to AI, like the tools I've saw, it would be great. 

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate