26.2.1 selection artifacts

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else getting artifacts covering live type when they select and move the type? Also when selecting any vector artwork, point handles are not scaling for small objects, which makes viewing these elements impossible because they are covered by selection handles. Also they seem to have taken the scale feature away when using the selection tool.

Anyone have a fix for thsese issues?

More bugs with Illustrator. Every update introduces more bugs, and makes using this software more difficult.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike @MLDSGN,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the experience we want you to have. It seems you are facing multiple issues with the app. I would recommend resetting Illustrator preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html).
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings.

If that doesn't help, you uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Also, for unexpected behavior, you can try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behav...).

Let us know how it goes.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Anshul and the suggestion to troubleshoot with resetting and/or reinstalling.

However, this is the exact problem I, and many others have with Adobe products. We pay you to have tools for our businesses, that we depend on to work properly. We should not have to deal with the time it takes to troubleshoot your products. And there are regular problems. Some of them are:

• You constantly change the basic functions of the tools. Basic items that do not need to be changed. It’s like you are trying to reinvent the wheel. Leave what works alone!
• Software is slow, processing items that do not need to be processed.
• Software crashes for no apparent reason.
• Software on multiple occasions has corrupted Ai files, telling me that the file is inaccessible. Files that I spent tens of hours working on.

There are many others.. I’m sure you are aware.

I regularly loose multiple hours every single year trying to troubleshoot your products. Does this sound like a good business model for Adobe? Are you all proud of the products yo put out? Seriously, your products in the 1990’s were superior in most ways: More stable, faster performing, and not overly bloated with useless features.

Frustrated beyond acceptable with Adobe. I hope you get better management. There will be a day when you loose your customers. And it’s really sad actually to see what has become of an industry standard.

Adobe Support Community

Hi MLDSGN,

Anshul_Saini (Adobe Employee) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

[Illustrator Discussions] <> Re: 26.2.1 selection artifacts <>

Hi Mike @MLDSGN <>,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the experience we want you to have. It seems you are facing multiple issues with the app. I would recommend resetting Illustrator preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html <>).
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings.

If that doesn't help, you uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool <> and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop <> app.

Also, for unexpected behavior, you can try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behav... <>).

Let us know how it goes.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Reply | Mark as Correct Answer <> | Like <>

Adobe Support Community
<> <>
You may manage your notification settings  <>or unsubscribe  <>from all Adobe Support Community e-mails.
Adobe is located at 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110 USA. Copyright © 2022 Adobe. All rights reserved

Privacy policy <> | Contact Us <>

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 4.02.10 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 4.03.41 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines