• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

27.0 2023 illustrator file association - Windows 10 - eps and pdf files

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i added 27.0  illustrator 2023 but did not delelet illustrator 2022, i cannot change the file associastion for pdf and eps files to 27.0. Windows only shows illustrator 2022 option and look for an ap in the microsoft store. Do i have to delete 2022 illustrator to fix this? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

by removing the older version and assigning 2023 the association worked . i did not need to reinstall 2022/

thanks Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @teegeepen,

Thanks for reaching out. Kindly try the steps shared below and check if it helps:

• Locate a PDF/EPS file in Windows Explorer and right-click on it to go to Properties.
    AnubhavMajumder_0-1667397907148.png

• Next, click on the Change button next to where it says Open With and scroll down to the bottom to find the option to choose another app.
    AnubhavMajumder_3-1667398711232.png

• Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2023 and select the Adobe Illustrator 2023 shortcut.
    AnubhavMajumder_2-1667398390280.png

Please update this thread if the issue persists or if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for your response, i tried this and when i clicked  open on the 2023 shortcut, there was no change...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also wanted to note i tried this : changed to adobe acrobat and that worked but when i clicked the illustrator.exe file for 27.0 it converted back to illustrator 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @teegeepen,

Thanks for confirming that. If the suggestions shared above did not help, kindly try removing the older version of Illustrator and check if you can assign Illustrator 2023 as the default program. Once done, try reinstalling Illustrator 2022 and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

by removing the older version and assigning 2023 the association worked . i did not need to reinstall 2022/

thanks Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines