• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3-D Materials and Lighting has jagged shadows when using color fill

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my first forray into using 3-D tools in Illustrator. When I attempt to apply a fill to the type that I'm using as the basis of my 3-D rendering, the shadows it produces are jagged. When I remove the fill, the jagged shadows aren't there, but so is the nice glowing fill color. Raytracing is off. I tried RGB vs. CMYK vs. Spot colors and nothing seemed to fix it. I have roughness applied (.4), but turning that off didn't have an affect. After turning raytracing on, setting the quality to high, and choosing reduce noise yeilded a rendering that didn't look like the live preview. I would like the fill to work, but those interior shadows are not working. Also, this happens if my type is selectable and when it is converted to paths. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional note: if I choose a fill color different than my stroke color (see screenshot of cyan fill and magenta stroke, I don't get the same results as when the fill and stroke are both set to magenta. Perhaps this is a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Milkrow,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. Would you mind checking if pressing ctrl + e or cmd +e makes any changes? If it doesn't, would you mind sharing a screen recording of the issue?

Also, if possible, please share the Ai file as well and confirm the exact version of OS & Illustrator. This would be really helpful for us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what action you want me to screen record, could you clarify? In the meantime, please examine these before/after screenshots of pressing command-e which toggled "View using CPU/GPU." Note the window tab changes from ".../Preview" to ".../CPU" and as you can see, the jagged shadow of the "O" on the flat face of the adjacent "B" did not change. There was no discernable change to the file. Pressing control-e had no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for checking, @Milkrow. Would it be possible for you to share the screen recording of your whole workflow in a new document demonstrating the issue from scratch? Also, please share the Ai document as well. It would be really helpful for us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines