• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D & Materials update in 22

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really miss the Perspective editing, unlimited placement of the lighting and image mapping from the previous version -- the image mapping was especially helpful although it was a little clumsy. Please work on getting these features back in somehow. I do like the attention this tool is getting and will be using it still but these features need to be reincorporated.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to miss the old effects. They are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, these features within the 3D modeling have disappeared. You cannot map a symbol onto a plane. You cannot place the light above, below or directly in front of the object. And you cannot change the perspective. If they're still there, it needs to be a little clearer in the interface. It's gone or lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I see now... It's in "Classic". Please find a way to get it into the new version so that we can have all the tools available. The idea of skipping between the new and the old is silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You should still be able to use the 3D Classic options under Effects > 3D and Materials > 3d(Classic)

Ashutosh_Mishra_0-1635347155382.png

3D options are a work-in-progress. I would suggest if you could also post your suggestions here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/). This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to the feature and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines