Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D and Materials EPS

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Why does my 3D text have a white background when exported as an EPS file? It is only around the 3D bits of a logo?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

3D and materials mostly gets rendered as a raster image.

So if your goal is to have a vector image, you might want to use the classic 3D effects.

On top of that: EPS doesn't support transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D and materials mostly gets rendered as a raster image.

So if your goal is to have a vector image, you might want to use the classic 3D effects.

On top of that: EPS doesn't support transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you, I had seen the advert for creating the plant pot logo and incorrectly thought it could be saved as a vector I just can get the same effect from the classic 3D effect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which plant pot is it?

The materials cannot be rendered as vector artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was an Adobe Advert but I cant find it now for a logo in 3D of a plant pot and I just wrongly guess as it was a logo it could be saved as a vector. I am only trying to create 3D text with a bevel but the classic 3D effects isnt giving the same effect unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can post an image if what you have now. Then we can discuss if Illustrator can be made to do it.

If the materials are not important, then you can try and select the Render as vector option in the Raytracing settings and then click on render and then Expand appearance. Works sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am trying to create. I tried what you said above and unfortunately it didnt work I still have the white boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and set up your own custom bevel for it.

To do so, dig out the bevels.ai file from the Application folder https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html#20

Put your custom bevel into it (just a diagonal line)

And save the file. Then quit Illustrator and move the bevels file into the Preferences folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it wont let me edit that final so I think I will have to except 3D and vector arent possible but thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it wont let me edit that *file so I think I will have to except 3D and vector arent possible but thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also I found the plant pot logo I had seen it was on the Adobe Discover, How to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I meant cant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines