Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Extrude does not scale

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created an artwork file using the 3D effect but when I try to rescale (up or down) the extrude does not scale in proportion? For example when I scale down the extrude remains the same so therefore looks bigger. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Louise

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when you transform the object the extrusion depth remains independent. You can apply the depth you are happy with and expand the object. You will lose the ability to change the 3d properties after that tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an oversight with the new 3D & Materials effect to me. 'Scale Strokes and Effects' in the transform panel should affect it (and works correctly with the 'Classic' 3D effect), but does nothing in this case.

Staff are collating feedback to the new effect here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/938463/suggestions/44254299

Some people have already noted that 'Scale Strokes & Effects' doesn't work, but it wouldn't hurt to have another voice if you care to leave a comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very annoying oversight but I guess it is another bug Adobe will need to fix.

I have left a comment on your link, so hopefully will be fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this still isnt fixed very anoying depth doesnt scale with the object have to manully change the depth after sclaling this maybe be fine if you have one or to object but have have loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning on "Scale strokes and effects" in Preferences > General does not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work as expected in both 27.9 and 28.3, so it must have been fixed some time ago. What version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe group the objects first. In the worst case convert to vectors (if possible/3D classic generates mostly vectors)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines