• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D extrusion with unexpected stroke

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am trying to draw some pictures in 2D and extrude them into 3D view, then add strokes with 'Expand Appearance', but some unexpected lines appear here (inside the hollow structure) and I have no idea how to avoid.

Qihui259841375r9u_0-1664196369847.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

You can't completely avoid the, but you can improve the result with different 3D settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAhLj5G8eGU

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you added a stroke after expanding. The "gradient" inside the hollow structure is not a real gradient, but a series of shapes that simulate a gradient, these shapes get a stroke too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ton, thanks for your comment! Yes, I added a stroke after expanding. If I add it before expanding, the stroke will be extruded as well. Do you have any ideas how to avoid or eliminate those lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't completely avoid the, but you can improve the result with different 3D settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAhLj5G8eGU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines