• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D (new and legacy) does not work - keep getting an error alert.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the version 27 of Ai installed both at work (Macbook running Catalina) and home (iMac running Monteray).

3D works fine on work computer, but on my newer iMac, I keep getting error message as soon as I try the most basic of extrudes or revolves. 

My NEW computer has been cleansed of any possible gunk, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator. 

What's up with this? Solutions greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug and thanks for the speedy reply! I'll have to grab that when I'm home. At work now. I do know that there's no particular code or specifics to the error message - just saying that it's an error. Will post a screen grab as soon as I can follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, it's a two-part error message (see screen grabs). To reiterate, this is a clean install of Ai with factory settings and preferences. My Mac is less than a year old, and running pretty mean. And to repeat, I'm having no problem running 3D on my MacBook, which is running on a much older OS. 

That said, as soon as I hit the "extrude' or "revolve" button, I get the first alert. The second one appears afer I hit the "Okay" button. 

Any help or insight appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us the hardware specifications of that computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 4.06.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's plenty of RAM, so should not be an issue. 

When was the last reboot? 

You could try if resetting the preferences makes a difference. You will lose all your settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika,

As mentioned, I did a clean install of Ai just to make certain I flushed out any artifacts or variables there. Still a no-go after rebooting as well. This is so beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unfortunately happens even after clean installs. A lot of examples of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being so responsive and helpful Monica,

But is there another course of action, or am I stuck with an application that decidedly doesn't want to work on my computer for no apparent reason? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated OS to Ventura in hopes that the issue would be resolved … NOTHING. Arrggggh! Please give me some idea how to amend this. I use 3D quite frequently. Never had a problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D definitely works. You can contact Customer Care and have them take a look into your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Adobe Tech spent a generous block of time resolving this issue. After sharing my desktop with him, he took several passes before having to completely removing all Adobe artifacts. After an absolute clean install, things are finally working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tom S Slater,

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. However, if you run into this error again, you may try the suggestion in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/error-occurred-while-processing-the-appearanc...).

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines