• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A faster way to batch change brushes?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I'm selecting an object with a brush I want to change then Select>Same>Apperance. Change to new brush.

I have to do this a lot as I'm updating some old works. It feels like it's taking forever with this method. Anyone know of a faster way?

I wish there was something like "find/change" in indesign where ai would give me options of things to change. Or a replace function in the brush menu... Maybe there is and Im crazy?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can replace brushes in the brush panel by alt-dragging a new brush definition (from the artboard) on top of the old one. Is that any use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us more details and maybe a sample file of what to replace. Are there different brushes used in the file or just one? Do all need to be replaced using which options? Scaling of the brush etc.

A graphic style could be assigned using an action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each file has about 10-12 unique brushes. All the brushes are the same scale + stroke weight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And each of those should be replaced by a different one?

Details matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make 10-12 actions with select same>> appearance and changing to final brush. Change the actions panel to buttons to cut the amount of clicks in half

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines