Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A REQUEST TO ALL VECTOR CONTRIBUTERS IN ADOBE STOCK

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends,

I am an adobe stock  user. And i have a genuine request to all vector artists who are contributers in this adobe stock site. Please DON'T leave each and every object in the file separate. Please group them together respectively like each element. (Please refer to the attached screenshot of the problem) For example, if you are designing a chair, don't leave each shape as separate entity in AI. Please group all the shapes used for its 1st leg as one group, then do this for the 2nd leg and similarly for rest of the two legs and the seat, hand rest and back rest and finally select the full chair and group it as a single entity (Ctrl+G). 

I am an animator by profession. And ungrouped things in AI wastes a lot of my time to group them. Please be aware that all the people who are downloading your assets may not be only designers who just need to place your illustrations as it is in their file and export. Some of them can use your assets for animating also in which the assets are needed to be properly grouped. 

Another small request is - In AI, Please don't expand strokes into fills if not necessary. Because people like me who use after effects for animation, they need strokes mostly in case of line drawings. Because in after effects there is a command to change the AI stroke to animatable stroke in after effects, which makes our jobs easier. But it works only if the original drawing in AI is in strokes and not fill. 

Please don't ignore this post. Please consider my these two requests. 

Your works are great!! 

pranjalB_0-1635277553662.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expanding strokes is often a necessity demanded by the Stock agencies.

There is a Stock community on this forum as well where Stock artists might be present. So you might want to post there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I am not sure of that. Because there are indeed few contributers who work in strokes. Like this contributer -

https://stock.adobe.com/in/images/ecology-environment-and-nature-thin-line-icons-recycling-and-alter...

The thing is that once a stroke is expanded, it cannot be converted back to stroke. If attempted, it creates double stroke out of that fill.  But if it is a stroke originally, then if the user want he/she can expand it whenever needed. 

So i think we should give this option to the downloader/user whether to expand it or not, or to expand it when its needed. Giving stroke made artworks keep  all options open.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thing is that once a stroke is expanded, it cannot be converted back to stroke. If attempted, it creates double stroke out of that fill.  But if it is a stroke originally, then if the user want he/she can expand it whenever needed. 

By @pranjalB

I know.

Many contributors upload their files to different agencies. And there's also a difference between open and closed paths. For open paths usually contributors have to outline strokes. If they don't, there might be issues when people open the files in who knows which application.

So if you want that changed, talk to the agencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While sensible, those requests/ demands are unrealistic. A lot of users don't ever even re-import artwork into Illustrator but rather use other vector programs and thus having strokes expanded makes a lot of sense to them in terms of predictably retaining an appearance. If strokes were parametric and whatever program imports them can't properly render them the same as AI does, the whole look changes. Likewise, any fancy grouping is often lost, anyway, when importing stuff into non-Adobe tools and even if as an animator you import stuff into After Effects for instance, re-organising layers and compositions will still be necessary simply because the programs work differently. So for what it's worth, while your points are valid, it would just be the opposite for many other users. That's one of those situations where you can't have it both ways and ultimately it will be up to the creator to decide how he goes about this and which primary target audience he addresses.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines