• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A SPECIFIC AI FILE WONT OPEN.

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I was working on an illustrator file, I had just saved it. Then suddenly it crashed. I restarted and tried reopening, it would load and the file screen will show black and then Illustrator crashes. This keeps happening over and over. The file is 29mb. I am able to preview it on AI I was also able to save as a pdf. I tried dragging the PDF version of file to Illustrator but it keeps doing the same thing...

I was able to to open a 75mb file with no problem. 

Help can i do?!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to get at the PDF content, create a new file and then place the problem file in it.

You will probably lose the editability of stuff and also all the layer structure and let's not talk about text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing. I would like to know if the steps suggested above by @Monika Gause worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• OS & version of Illustartor
  • Could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. We'll try to recover it.
  • Where was this file saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines