Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally deleted files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I accidentally deleted one of my folders with my AI, PS and PDF files... in the middle of the process I realized that and I've hit the cancel button. 
I managed to recover my lost files, some of them work fine and some of them won't open.
The Illustrator documents are unknown format and cannot be opened, in Photoshop the document says - could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document, PDFs are not a supported file, so they wont open. 

The cancelation probably corrupted those files, so I was wondering if there is any chance I could get those files back? 

Tried to open the files in different applications, nothing worked. Tried some online programs and desktop app to convert the files - zero success.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

I have Windows and the files didn't go to the recycle bin, because the folder was too big. The files were deleted from my desktop (internal storage drive).  

I have a licensed app and it restored all of my files. Some of the files are working fine and some are broken. I think I made a mistake when I cancelled the deleting.. 

For now all the files I have recovered, I saved on a removable drive and for now I'm not saving anything onto the desktop..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? If your computer is running Windows did the deleted folder go into the Recycle Bin? Files can be restored to their former location if they're in the Recycle Bin.

Was the folder deleted from an internal storage drive in the computer or an external hard disc or attached memory stick? Sometimes when files or folders are deleted on removable drives they won't go to the recycle bin.

There are third party tools that can recover accidentally deleted files. Some offer free versions, such as Recuva. The apps work best if they're run on the disc where the file or folder was accidentally deleted soon after the accidental deletion occurred. When a file is deleted the data is really still there on the disc, but some of its header information has been altered. But over time the "deleted" data will be covered by other data written over it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows and the files didn't go to the recycle bin, because the folder was too big. The files were deleted from my desktop (internal storage drive).  

I have a licensed app and it restored all of my files. Some of the files are working fine and some are broken. I think I made a mistake when I cancelled the deleting.. 

For now all the files I have recovered, I saved on a removable drive and for now I'm not saving anything onto the desktop..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the recovery utility was doing its restore operation was it writing the recovered files to a new location or just writing to the same place? If it was writing the recovered files into a new location there might be a chance you could run the recovery operation again and have better success at restoring the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recovered files were on a new location, I tried multiple times with the recovery app, I even downloaded two other apps but the files are always corrupted. I don't think a recovery app will help me anymore, I just thought maybe there is another trick how to get these files to work again.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi
where  you able to get the files to work? i am facing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines