• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions / can't export .png using Artboards (that option gets dismissed)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded an action where I do Export As, PNG, [x] Use Artboards, Range 3, Export. Now it exports artboard page 3, no problem. But when playing back the action, it dismisses the Artboard setting, so it becomes [ ] Use Artboards.

This is really inconvenient. Is it a bug? How to find a workaround for this? I need to export lots of individual artboards automatically (and currently it exports all artboards in one zoomed out .png).

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Import and export , Print and publish , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using? What operating system?

What route are you choosing to export the .png files (there are three different ways to do it)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Illustrator 26.3.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

I tried File / Export / all three options. But none of them work for exporting artboard range 3 and similar actions. Mainly I tried the one I wrote, "Export As".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it works fine on my machines, but currently I'm using the Mac version of Illustrator.

I may check it on Windows tomorrow, but perhaps some other Windows user may chime in in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a positive surprise, it actually does seem to work now for me too. However, when double clicking the row under Export As in the Actions pane, it shows [ ] Use Artboards, while actually it has memorized [x] Use Artboards and the Range I put there previously. So it's confusing (I'd call that discrepancy a bug). (Another annoyance is that it adds things like -05-05.png at the end of the file name even there should be no reason for that, as the file name did NOT exist before, so there should've been no reason to add numbers on the file name.)

But the main thing is, it is working. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines