• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated fonts show up for a couple minutes, then shut off in Adobe apps

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a weird new problem where I'll turn on a font in my font app, it will appear inside Illustrator/inDesign etc, then after a couple minutes I'll get a popup that says the font is not available on my computer, even though it was working just before. This is happening with both fonts I've paid for and google fonts. For example, I was just using 'Barlow Condensed', which is a google font, and it suddenly shut it off.

When I start up, I'm getting a popup from Font Explorer telling me that Barlow Condensed is missing and it has a big blue 'BUY' button. Why would I need to buy a google font that is clearly sitting on my drive and is activated?

I've tried about five different font mangement systems in the past few days and am having this issue over and over. I would prefer to use the fonts on my own system rather than having to activate the ones in the cloud (although I do use a few of those as well). 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

In answer to my own question, I found that I had to completely uninstall Suitcase and the other font management apps to make a different one work. Even if it wasn't running it caused conflicts. I wasn't sure which to keep so they were all still on my drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried copying the font in the system fonts folder?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean. I don't normally move them around myself, the font management system would do that. And it does work to begin with, so something is causing it to shut off after a few minutes. I'll check if they are in there, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check if there is an update for your font management software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried five of them in the past week, so presumably they are the latest versions. It might be because I have tried so many though, will try uninstalling them all and just leaving the latest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In answer to my own question, I found that I had to completely uninstall Suitcase and the other font management apps to make a different one work. Even if it wasn't running it caused conflicts. I wasn't sure which to keep so they were all still on my drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make that another person too. My fonts show up if I highlight them since the last upgrade, but they don't show up on the page. If I go to "invisibles" or highlight the text I can see that it is there, but I sure as heck cannot adjust the type on the page without seeing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines