• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add anchor point at specific distance from the end point of a line segment

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I draw a simple line segment and I click on it I see the two end points and a middle point. I have created a 100 mm line segment.

Now I want to add an anchor point 40 mm from one end. The 'add anchor point' tool does not allow me to do that. Is there any tool that allows a user to enter anchor points at specific distance from an end point?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be some ways to do it.

Are you only talking about straight line segments? Are the line segments always live shapes (as indicated in the Transform palette when there is a Line Properties section)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes only talking about straight line segments. I do not understand the term 'live shapes'; however when I look at the transform panel it says 'no shape properties'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theodore,

As I (mis)understand it, with the inherent Bezier circle (in)accuracy, a simple way for a straight line segment is to create an 80 mm circle and snap it to the relevant end point, then select the (path with the) segment and Click the intersection with the Add Anchor Point Tool.

And what Kurt said/asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines