• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a pantone color manually

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't find a specific pantone color in the coated pantone list , i think the only solution is to add it manually and here the confusing part , I'm new to the printing world , 

What color mode should i pick after Adding a new swatch , L a b or CMYK ? 

In my case the pms color is 2199 c i really don't know the corrected  values  that to add it 

Please help 🙏

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you want to use a Pantone color as a Spot color, the only thing that matters is the name.

When the printer makes color separations, he will look up the formula for that spot ink name and mix it to print that spot plate. 

The color you see on screen is (very) nice to have, but not nessecary to print the right color.

In your case I would ask a printer, buy the Pantone Connect extension or Google Pantone 2199 C for the color values and create a Spot color Swatch Pantone 2199 with Lab (or CMYK) values for Color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you actually want a spot colour? To be printed by a professional print service, using a bucket of spot ink that you paid for?

If so, the exact RGB Lab or CMYK equivalent doesn't really matter, the spot colour will come from the bucket of ink

If not - you using it for any other purpose? Desktop printing, CMYK professional printing, online screen use? If so do not use spot colour!!!. Yes, do NOT use spot colour, you can cause harm and expense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines