• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding latest Pantone swatches

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can anyone help please? I have a client who needs me to use latest Pantone coated swatches to their artwork - I am willing to purchase a new latest Pantone coated swatch book but need to know how I can then add these new swatches into illustrator to ge able to create artwork for their product? 

could anyone shed light please? I believe if I purchase the swatch there is an opportunity to then add the swatches 

Don't want to spend over £200 for a new swatch to then find I can't actually update the colours into illustrator 

thanks ever for any help 

I've tried emailing Pantone and calling but no joy 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the spot color should be printed as spot: just create a spot swatch and name it accordingly. It doesn't even matter how you set up the color. But you need to communicate with the printer.

If the color should be printed as process, then you can either have color management convert it based in the Lab definition provided by Pantone or use their CMYK values.

You will get all of these in their Pantone Connect. Which is a subscription.

Longer explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj2v85wXKyA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines