• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Number to filename exporting using artboards

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For decades, if I export to PNG from Illustrator and use the option "User Artboard" Illustrator added the artboardnumber to the filename - even if there was only one artboard.

Thus, all exported files have this "-01" at the end.

Was this behaviour changed with one of the last updates? Today all files I exported with "User Artboard" didn't have the "-01" at the end of the filename.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

The added -01 is one of the most disputed thing around exporting documents. So many people complaining about it. You're like the first person I'm seeing that wants to have it. (please don't get me wrong: I can understand both positions and would not want to decide whether that needs to be there)

This behaviour might actually have been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Hello @konradSL,

I would like to inform you this is an intended change in the latest version of Illustrator to accommodate the request on this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/31723057-wh...).

The workaround is to rename the file name while exporting a specific artboard.

However, If you do not like this change, you may upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45508540-name-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @konradSL,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to update Illustrator to the latest version and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Updating doesn't solve the problem.
Version 26.4.1

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @konradSL,

I would like to inform you this is an intended change in the latest version of Illustrator to accommodate the request on this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/31723057-wh...).

The workaround is to rename the file name while exporting a specific artboard.

However, If you do not like this change, you may upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45508540-name-a...) and add your comment here.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The added -01 is one of the most disputed thing around exporting documents. So many people complaining about it. You're like the first person I'm seeing that wants to have it. (please don't get me wrong: I can understand both positions and would not want to decide whether that needs to be there)

This behaviour might actually have been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought when that when it was changed there would be a box in preferences for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also why isn't this box filled by default. I have clicked it about 10 000 times already. Again easy addition to preferences.

Sorontar_0-1663673794636.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines