Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Ai saving two files each time

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a MAC user and they use Illustrator. When ever they saving a file it's saving twice one file.

file named ......test2 has the .ai file which is correct, but also has created the other AI file with the actual AI icon but when you select the filepath, the file description shows zero bytes - so this is also unchanged

Also it doesn't allow me to delete those Zero Bytes files (it says it's in use)

Adobe Ai.PNG

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you saving those files? On the harddisk?

Can you try and turn off "Save in background" in the Illustrator preferences?

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's trying to save on a network server drives. 

I can ask my user if they can try that next week if that works. but i think i tried that but it was still the same results. 

is there anything else you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saving on a network might cause this. Illustrator has known issues with this and there might also be server configurations that just don't cooperate well.

You can try if it helps to turn off the "save better over slow network" preferences setting. But that's all.

If it still doesn't work, then you have to either adjust the network or just don't directly save to the server. And instead save to the local disk and then move to the network (or copy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines