• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe & CAD?

New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! We use illustrator and then Fusion 360 to render and extrude our designs to cut on our CNC machine. We also have the full Adobe CC subscriptions. Out of all of the Adobe programs, there doesn't seem to be one that does what a CAD program does. Are we missing something? Fusion 360 has increased their yearly price significantly and I would love an alternative. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Illustrator doesn't do 3D extrusion in a way that can speak to a CNC as far as I know. I do a lot of Illustrator 2D cuts to be output in CNC (Waterjet, Laser, etc). So you can draw and set your cutlines, lead in/out lines, all in Illustrator, but for depth and angle of cuts you need another program.

The shop I work with uses Rhino3D, I'm not sure if that's more affordable than what you are currently using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not publish a CAD application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator doesn't do 3D extrusion in a way that can speak to a CNC as far as I know. I do a lot of Illustrator 2D cuts to be output in CNC (Waterjet, Laser, etc). So you can draw and set your cutlines, lead in/out lines, all in Illustrator, but for depth and angle of cuts you need another program.

The shop I work with uses Rhino3D, I'm not sure if that's more affordable than what you are currently using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines