• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DESTROYING peoples livelihoods

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You people at Adobe should be ashamed and your company needs to be destroyed or broken up at the least. You are literally responsible for thousands (if not more) people all around the world loosing business and money because you see fit to release broken buggy software & expect your paying professional customers to waste their time being beta testers for your trash wares! Just as with any other company that dominates an industry the monopolistic business practices make the customers suffer, you business tactics are disgusting and I pray your company will eventually be liable for every lost cent of productivity caused by renting us broken pieces of shit. 

I have state of the art Mac Pro with 64GB of RAM and still doing to most basic of work in illustrator causes my machine to run at a crawl, not to mention the ever present Spyware / bloatware Creative cloud chewing through my resources even when im not using your crappy software..This shit wont fly much longer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are user Fora, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by. (edited)

And. while I sympathise with the frustration and agree that some annoying bugs seem to have been introduced with CC 2019 I think your argument lacks merit – you are free to continue using older CC versions and there are alternatives to Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe your response lacks merit. This is an Adobe owned and operated site. And to imply it should be OK for a company to rent us buggy software and for that company to rely on professional paying customers to be beta testers just because alternatives exist is utter nonsense. Yes alternatives exist but Adobe is till the industry standard, their monopoly and 13 billion Dollar plus revenue from last year leads them to believe they can do no wrong and that their customers are less important than their revenue, this is faulty logic and one that will lead to their inevitable  demise as the industry itself will eventually adopt better standard software if this trend continues within Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

their monopoly

Monopoly on what?

Just saying »Adoce has a monopoly« does not make it so …

It does seem doubtful to me whether it’s worth the trouble to try to provide counter-arguments to your other statements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all experience frustration with all the software we use, and it's obvious you're experiencing more than your share. Hopefully venting here will have helped in some way, but what never can help is:

courtneyw98665068  wrote

literally responsible for thousands (if not more) people all around the world loosing business and money

monopoly and 13 billion Dollar plus revenue from last year leads them to believe they can do no wrong

stop  rubbing each others egos and trying to boost your adobe standing. they suck and dont care about you or your attempts to placate their annoyed paying customers

. . . imagining the root of your problems as something it's not.

I run as many as 6 CC apps simultaneously with few performance problems every day on a Windows box that I'm sure you'd deem far inferior to your Mac Pro. A generalized conclusion that the only possible cause of poor performance is the mega-corporation whose terrible product you're forced to rent simply won't help solve your issues. Nevertheless, I and many here can empathize with your heightened state of aggravation. My hope for you is that a calmer and more analytical approach might afford you the opportunity to address the real causes of the slowdown, and a more peaceful time will prevail. Help is here. Accept it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Illustrator team uses Uservoice to gather feedback about any bugs you may encounter and any features you'd like to request. Unlike these Forums, Adobe Illustrator Feedback is where your comments are much more likely to be seen by Adobe employees who would be able to make any changes based on your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Myra. I also have a Mac Pro that is maxed out and I have no issues with the software. Yes, all software has its issues that are related to coding or user issues which usually is my problem with any software that I work with and they are many. Your issues should go directly to Adobe as Myra has stated. If you do not receive reply there please post here and we will try to get an Adobe engineer involved. If these issues can be tracked it will only help to strengthen the software and all use use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration but are the epithets really necessary? Does this ever get you a better service anywhere (restaurants, grocery store, gas station, job search,etc...)? Frankly, I doubt it. In my long experience kindness  always gets better results.

This being said, I am sure you will be helped if you use the right contact information mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NONE of these replies are helpful in ANYWAY, stop rubbing each others egos and trying to boost your adobe standing. they suck and dont care about you or your attempts to placate their annoyed paying customers. Stop defending this horrible company and stop deleting my replies you censorial shills.  Adobe will eventually be torn apart for renting their customers crappy buggy bloatware and expecting us to act as paying beta testers. this wont fly much longer. good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to explain at least one of your several fallacies to you.

You started your original post with

You people at Adobe should be ashamed and your company needs to be destroyed or broken up at the least.

So you seemed to operate under the misconception that you were addressing Adobe or Adobe employees.

I pointed that out in post 1 with

These are user Fora, so you are not really addressing Adobe here

To which you apparently replied with

This is an Adobe owned and operated site.

So let me try to transfer that constellation to another setting:

Suppose a person has bought a car and found several shortcomings (imagined or real is not relevant in the scase) with it and wants to voice their complaints to the carmaker.

They go to the next building belonging to that company they can find, get in line and when they are at the counter start rambling.

Upon which it is pointed out to them that this is the counter of the cafeteria of the factory in which are made the motors for the cars and not the proper place for their complaints.

To which the complaining person replies: »This building is owned and operated by … (the carmaker in question).«

Do you see the problem here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Courtney, millions of users are using Illustrator with no serious problems...

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since version '88 (yes, since 1988), and I've heard messages like yours being uttered now and then over 31 years now. In some cases there are certainly bugs to be addressed – but in many cases those documents users are creating contain really Big Design Issues (e.g. overly convoluted constructions, unnecessarily large pixel objects, tiny masks for huge overshoots, massive layering of transparencies, staggered effects, etc...) Maybe we can help you addressing some of these issues, because that's what we're also here for. Using Illustrator in a satisfactory way depends on using features in proper ways.

Please share any example of such a problematic file, so we at least can take a peek at it, kick the tires, and try to work in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Courtney,

Sorry to hear that you are facing problems with Illustrator. Let me assure that we're always there to assist you. I can share the troubleshooting steps here which you try. You can also reach out to our phone or chat support for a one-on-one troubleshooting session where one of our experts can work with you to check it further and help you.

I've also sent a direct message to you, please check it and let me know so that we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Villevoye and millions more people have had trouble with it ever since they started using it, there is a reason it is refereed to as "Irritator".  I may not have your 31 plus years experience but I do have over 20 years professional user experience. I know how to use the program and to keep files optimized etc, but I really do appreciate your suggestions that the problem is that im just not using the software correctly -  I guess the fact Illustrator STILL doesnt CLIP the transparent pixels outside of a CLIPPING mask when rasterizing or exporting a clipping mask isnt an example of Illustrator actively ignoring one of the most commonly complained about design flaws since it was first created right? its not a major, ongoing bug / design flaw that Adobe refuses to fix or address release after release? guess im just imagining things right?

c.pfaffenbichler  this is an adobe owned and operated site with paid employees lurking here, not sure what you're getting at, are you suggesting I have no right to vent my frustration on these forums in the hopes that maybe, somebody at Adobe may actually realize just how annoyed their paying customers are? if so, I respectfully disagree.  Do you see that reply above from   Om Nath Jha and that Adobe logo next to their name? Did you want to try another overly condescending attempt at belittling me? go on, might make you feel better.

John Mensinger Making a condescending, presumptuous pointless remark is not helpful either, believe it or not.
FYI its a machine at work, I would never buy an over priced & under-powered Apple device, but in this industry, unfortunately, its still the norm to use Macs. Many of the problems do appear to be more prevalent with Macs than with my home Windows PC.... This doesnt mean, however, that Mac's hardware / software are the source of the problem, it only means Adobe are creating programs that work better on windows than they do on Mac. Maybe something to do with the fact they are currently relying on their paying customer to be beta testers and the majority of users are on windows, I dont know, alI know is the problems I am having, with Illustrator specifically, are legacy issues that have been ongoing for almost 2 decades, the problems are always more noticeable on Macs but that does nothing to solve my issue, I am essentially forced to use a mac at work and would like Adobe to fix the ongoing issues that have plagued their software since day one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem unwilling or unable to understand some things here.

In post 1 I already mentioned that Adobe employees have been dropping by but that this is not the appropriate channel to communicate with Adobe directly.

An Adobe employee posting here does not disprove the description.

What is the problem you have with understanding that?

I have no right to vent my frustration on these forums

Have you even bothered to read the Forum Guidelines?

Because on top of apparently counterfactual claims there is the issue of your inappropriate behaviour and choice of words.

At one point you complained about posts of yours having been removed; I apparently missed those but if you try to recall what you wrote: How insulting was the wording and did they contain any counterfactual claims?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see that reply above from   Om Nath Jha and that Adobe logo next to their name?

Om Nath Jha posted

I can share the troubleshooting steps here which you try. You can also reach out to our phone or chat support for a one-on-one troubleshooting session where one of our experts can work with you to check it further and help you.

which would seem to indicate that appropriate support channels exist and that they are not this Forum, but as per

I've also sent a direct message to you, please check it and let me know so that we can assist you further.

they also offered their personal assistance outside of this thread – did you take them up on their offer and have there been any noteworthy results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

courtneyw98665068  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Mensinger  Making a condescending, presumptuous pointless remark is not helpful either, believe it or not.

Oh, I believe it. That's why I was trying to be supportive. But if condescending, presumptuous and pointless is how you received it, I don't suppose there's much I can do about that. It seems you're determined to wage war no matter what. Is that helpful?

The rest of what you directed at me about Mac/Windows may have some salient points, but I was merely alluding to the inescapable fact that I run multiple CC apps on inferior hardware without performance issues, so maybe the slowdowns you experience have causes somewhere outside of Adobe's business ethics. Just sayin'. Good luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In stead of arguing about general mayhem and having meta discussions about this forum, I'd rather test one of your typically problematic files, and give it a spin. Otherwise it's just like going to doctor and just talk about your complaints and all the problems in the world. I'd like to perform a hands-on examination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Courtney,

I can completely understand your frustration.  I luckily have a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 and a MobileStudio Pro.  Both are running Windows 10 and I seem to run into very few issues.  I do hit bumps everyonce in awhile and I am like 'Oh No', but then I come into the forums and ask for help and usually advice from different people.

But people in the forums are here to help.  That is what community is about.  All the ACPs really want to help and I see that an Adobe Staffer also approached the problem.

The good thing is that most bugs or glitches get solved either in updates or by answers from the community.

I know my comment does not solve much.  I just wanted to let know that I hear you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has Feature Request/Bug Report Form if you are having a problem or want a new feature with Adobe software, this is where you can show your concern. I personally keep one earlier version on my system for the first few months of the new release. It is really hard to account for the millions of variables with all of the different operating systems and configurations so I assume some bumpy times in the first couple months. (very rarely are they big) but if I have to I can go back to an earlier version by downloading it from the Creative Cloud. (I don't uninstall the earlier version so it is already there)

I cannot personally live without Adobe but if you are not happy, I am sure there are other software you can use. I actually use some of the competition but most of my work is in Adobe because of the connections I have with other Adobe software. Thank you Adobe for making so many neat apps! I am in awe… I remember when it was just Illustrator, Photoshop and fonts! (I am still hoping for a few feature requests… fingers crossed!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternative professional design software Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher is here

Affinity - Professional creative software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which just goes to show that the »monopoly«-claim is false, doesn’t it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do agree. Adobe Illustrator is buggy and when users bring up the bugs, they will release an update to fixed the bugs but another bug occurs.

E.g., 1) there is suddenly a small empty floating panel  on the document window once a while. 2) measurements can never be like in InDesign, you key in 966mm, it will compute 9.66.052 blah blah.

For me I'm too lazy to bring this up anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still aghast about the more than ten years it took to fix the Scripts-in-Actions-disappear-at-restarting-bug but ultimately Illustrator is convenient and reliable enough for me to continue using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this thread is a little outdated but what you said is still valid, maybe even more so as the company I work for bought into what is the Adobe Experience NIGHTMARE (and we're paying dearly for it since their customer service is gosh awful), and as they keep buying up perfectly good applications and either letting them rot to remove any competition or ruining them inside out with their lack of ingenuity and forethought for the end user (thank the design gods they didn't do the same to Figma). They know very little about user experience even though they've been n the biz for over 30 years. I wish the stuck with the basics - Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere. Instead of caring about your investors, think about your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines