• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2021 (other) - Launchpad MacBook

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with this "Adobe Illustrator 2021 (other)" app. I can't delete it from Launchpad, despite uninstalling the whole suite and Creative Cloud itself. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Hello Jain!
I was unable to delete the scripts in the launchapad. And finally I proceeded with a reset. I believe it is an Adobe bug due to updates with M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Hey there! have you found the way to remove it? I was able to remove it by going to the Apple logo > About this mac > Storage > Manage > Applications > scroll down till you find that 3 annoying apps and hit delete. Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @raffaelequa I see you haven't had any replies to your question yet, sorry about that! I'm not entirely clear about what you are having trouble with. Is this some type of third-party Illustrator plug-in that you want to remove entirely from your computer and you can't seem to uninstall it? What is Altro referring to? Any more details will help us figure out what might be going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jain!
I was unable to delete the scripts in the launchapad. And finally I proceeded with a reset. I believe it is an Adobe bug due to updates with M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad to hear you got this sorted out! Thanks for letting us know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jain,

Facing the same issue. Can you tell me what did you reset?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shalini22222527nxlj What type of same issue are you facing? Can you describe what's happening in more detail? A “reset” in this case could mean uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator. Have you tried that yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jain, Thanks for getting back. I did uninstall adobe illustrator but the folder didn't go away. Now I see this: 

Shalini22222527nxlj_0-1639411947547.png

Do you suggest that I try reinstalling the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please try that and let us know how it goes. Are you installing the very latest version of Illustrator (v26.0.1)? Also, are you using the M1 Pro or M1 Max?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled and now the three folders are back! 

Shalini22222527nxlj_0-1639498479149.png

I have the latest version (26.0.1). I am not using M1 Pro or M1 Max. I have a 2020 M1 MacBook pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do we remove these annoying files from launchpad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i am also 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @S32847452923v,

If you're experiencing difficulties deleting the "Adobe Illustrator 202X (other)" app from your Launchpad on your MacBook, it's possible to remove it through your system settings. Here's how you can do it:

• Click on the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen to access the Apple menu.

• Select "System Settings" from the menu.

• In System Settings, choose "General."

• In the General, click on "Storage".

Anshul_Saini_1-1697221679220.png
  • You'll see Applications. Now click on the information button (i).
    Anshul_Saini_2-1697221726540.png

• Now, find the application in this list.

• Select the app you want to remove.

• Click the "Delete" button to remove it from your Launchpad.Anshul_Saini_3-1697221980037.png

• Enter your admin user account credential, and it will get deleted.

This should remove the app from your Launchpad. If you encounter any issues or have more questions, please feel free to ask.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! have you found the way to remove it? I was able to remove it by going to the Apple logo > About this mac > Storage > Manage > Applications > scroll down till you find that 3 annoying apps and hit delete. Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @howwouldyoufeel! I actually wasn't able to fix it before. I just tried your fix and it absolutely worked. Thank You!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you mark this as correct answer to help others easily find solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow....!!!! its really work thanks a lot guys.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, just open the 3 annoying apps and in your mac docker right click and choose "Show in Finder", after that just delete the appex -> move to bin. Lastly, u will see it disappear. Piece

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I deleted these apps but they didn't disappear from the launchpad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines