• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2022 (v 26.2.1) - Pen Tool Bug

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening (after the most recent update). When I’m drawing a path in Outline mode, while dragging between anchor points, the anchor points and control arms are highlighted in the layer color that I’m working on but I can’t see the path segment that I’m drawing until I release the mouse button. The rest of the path is visible in black. When doing the same in Preview mode, the path segment that I’m drawing is white while dragging between anchor points and the rest of the path disappears until I release the mouse. I like to see the path segment that I’m drawing in Outline mode but since it displays in white, it’s not visible against the white artboard. I don’t see an option to change this in the preferences menu under “Selection & Anchor Display”. Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Hi @Michael25187887dbyf,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. As @tromboniator mentioned above, this generally happens when GPU performance & Real-Tiem Drawing and Editing are turned off. Re-enable them and restart Illustrator. If that doesn't help, you may try resetting Illustrator preferences.

If that doesn't help either, would you mind confirming the exact version of Illustrator is installed and, if possible, share a screen recording, including the layer panel, to demonstrate t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go to the View menu and choose View using CPU I get the result you describe, or nearly: a small portion of the pre-release path may be very faintly visible, but effectively invisible. Returning to View using GPU restores visibility. That's the best I can offer at the moment.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I gave that a try before but it didn't work. I appreciate the suggestion.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael25187887dbyf,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. As @tromboniator mentioned above, this generally happens when GPU performance & Real-Tiem Drawing and Editing are turned off. Re-enable them and restart Illustrator. If that doesn't help, you may try resetting Illustrator preferences.

If that doesn't help either, would you mind confirming the exact version of Illustrator is installed and, if possible, share a screen recording, including the layer panel, to demonstrate the issue? 

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Anshul,

Your suggestion of deleting the prefs file worked. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Much appreciated. Just FYI, below is a screen shot of the version of Illustrator that I'm using.

All the best,

Mike

About_AI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're back on track, @Michael25187887dbyf. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines