• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 26.02 Not Responsive when Saving

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with some large .ai files and have been experiencing excessive memory use and the Illustrator files going into a Not Responding mode for many many minutes. I have been waiting it out and after maybe 5-10 minutes the files save. I have been looking at task manager and AI is using all my memory up. I've increased the swap file size to 75GB and that hasn't helped. 

Reading previous threads is there a bug with saving files and not having fast internet? 

My system:

Win 10 (64 bit)

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080

64 GB DDR Memory.

I worry everytime I save in progress work on these map files I'm making that AI will just crash out or I'll have to force quit, which I've done but have found if I just wait it out 5-10 minutes with my system memory pegged at 99% used by AI the file eventually saves. 

I really need this issue fixed. I have a good system and no issues otherwise except with Illustrator. The files I'm working on are ~2GB.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get ready to be told to leave the feedback on some other forrum so nothing can be done.

I'm pretty sure "We all float down here."

PS I'm literally in the same boat as you and feel you pain.

And of course I'm working on a major project thats due in a day.

YOLO! YOLO, indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 GB filesize is just very large, it's not the typical size.

Apart from that: where do you save them? Local or network drive?

Is there enough free space on that volume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 500 GB SSD M.2 drive and they get saved into a folder on my desktop. Saving should take time with that file size but to have the APP crash out for 5-10 minutes appearing to have gone completely non responsive is a issue. A 2GB file shouldn't destroy my computer with an i9 and 64 GB DDR 4300 Memory should it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini could you please take a look into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johnm97212731,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I under your frustration. I would request you to please update to v26.0.3 and check if that helps. Also, would it be possible for you to share the file with us here or via DM, and we'll check at our end?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul,

I will update and try to share the file with you. I've ordered 2ea 32 GB sticks of memory to upgrade to 96GB and will swap the remaining two 16GB sticks for a second pair of 32GB's so I'm up to 128GB memory. 

The file size is way to large to share here, is there a file limit if I DM you with it?

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, let us know how it goes after updating the app, John. I am afraid you can't directly upload files on community or DM. You may upload the file on Creative Cloud/ Google Drive/ Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link here or via DM.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines