• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CC 2021 Can't save to template. You do not have enough access privileges ID:5000

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the msg reads as: "

Adobe Illustrator CC 2021 Can't save the illustration.  You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000" But I am trying to save as a template.  I have searched previous posts and see that others have also had this problem.  What can I do to be able to save a plain document as a "template"  As you will see from the attached, I have all privledged marked as both "read/write".

Thanking you in advance

Sr. Sabina
TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add that I am using the latest version of macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and the very latest of Adobe Illustrator CC 2021 25.0.  I am trying to save to the "template" folder on my internal hard drive.

PS  I have now solved the problem by allowing access to all under "Cool Extras" i.e. as screenshot.  Sorry for having troubled you.

Sabinaスクリーンショット 2020-10-25 12.27.45.png

Sr. Sabina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"PS  I have now solved the problem by allowing access to all under "Cool Extras" i.e. as screenshot. "

First, thank you for posting as I have encountered the same issue. I am trying to figure out more precisely what you did to allow access to Cool Extras. I am afraid I am quite new to this so I would not know where to begin to change the access privileges to which you refer. Any further information you might provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

LBC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac OS Catalina you have to allow Illustrator full disk access. But then still you might not be able to save into certain folders directly.

You could save the file somewhere else and then move it to where it belongs via the Finder.

Apple is protective to a point where it gets paranoid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines