• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe illustrator cs5 15.0.2 update link is broken

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the automatic update feature for my AI CS5 installation.

It can't upload the update automatically.

I should be able to manually download the update here, but the download link is broken.

Adobe - Illustrator : For Macintosh : Adobe Illustrator 15.0.2 Update - All Languages : Thank You

The requested URL /pub/adobe/illustrator/mac/cs5/AdobeIllustrator_15.0.2.dmg was not found on this server.

I contacted Adobe support and they said to post it here and the problem will be solved.

Bets?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

CS5 will not run on Mac OS Monterey and support for CS5 ended back in 2014.

Either find a way to downgrade your Mac OS to Catalina or older or you'll need a Creative Cloud subscription.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/adobe-support-policies-supported-product-versions.html#Gold

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Care are the only ones who can help you with this.

In order to get older versions you need to make sure that the version is associated with your account. If it isn't, you need to present proof that you licensed it. Then they can make it available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the same people who refused to help me by phone, email, and chat and told me to post it here?

They say the only way to get help on CS5 products is to post it on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have alerted staff.

They have changed the policies, so only staff can help. Sorry for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iamdougal, sorry you are facing errors when applying the 15.0.2 update for Illustrator CS5.  What error do you receive when you attempt to apply the update through the update manager?   What Adobe software, and versions, were previously installed on this computer?  Finally, what operating system are you attempting to install Illustrator CS5 on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I have same problem. I update MAC to Mojave and try from menu of Illustrator CS5 to download updates. Manager starrt and shows around 750Mb of all bundle CS5 collection is awailable. I start it, but after downloading it sent error message, that is not possible to finish download and instal. I try manualy go to adobe page, locate file AdobeIllustrator_15.0.2.dmg, it looks that exist like update, but the link is broken and is impossible to download this update. Can Adobe fix it , please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to contact Customer Care to get the update. In case the software is not already registered to your account, you will have to show proof of purchase in order to get it. Adobe changed policies this year, so this is the only way to get it. http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Besides that it's likely that CS5 will not run on Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Would it be possible to send me the link to downoad the CS5 for Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only customer service can do that. But it seems they won’t. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the customer service was not helpful. They asked me to purchase the newer version of the software and declined to provide the link to download the software that I have already purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lou, you are a superstar! I had the same issue and found dead links even on the Adobe FTP and download pages (as an example https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4910&fileID=4573). All resulting in 404 errors and the like. But your Wayback Machine links worked like a charm. Thank you, thank you...oh, did I mention THANK YOU? Be well and I hope that Adobe will repopulate its own DOWNLOAD LINK pages so that their own are no longer 404 erroring. Hopefully, they can find some old "copies" of the updates somewhere or redownload and restore them from the Wayback, eh? Be well and thanks for your support to the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lou's links and suggested process were "spot on"! Tried support and searching various places and the Wayback solutions seems to be the only place to go anymore. Hope that Adobe will repopulate the linked UPDATES to their own FTP system that "says" that they are found there. Would make the need to access a community forum less necessary if their own support links did not have 404 error destiny links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, here's the place to start searching for the original download links:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=27&platform=Mac

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=27&platform=Windows

From there you click yourself through to the respective page for the update you want to download.

The actual download will eventually fail with a "404 Not Found" error page, but it will also disclose the original download URL like "http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/illustrator/mac/cs5/Setup.dmg".

That's the URL you want to paste into the https://web.archive.org search field. Then in the search results you can click e.g. on the date where it says "Saved 1 time June 8, 2016." and that's all. (Hey, June 8 is incidentally my wife's birthday! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lou_Kash, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, for seome reason archive.org doesn't have the stand alone CS5. It's only have the updater file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any full standalone installer. I got mine from the installation DVD that I have purchased back in the day. It's just the built-in updater that's broken (apart from a bunch of minor bugs on Mac OS El Capitan), hence my need for manual updaters.

There may have existed a downloadable trial version, however. If that was the case, it might be also still available via archive.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that great Hint Lou, it worked perfectly. I got all the CS5 updates & plugins i needed for reinstallation!

As for the Time-Machine, it's quite amazing ... it's like a hidden portal to the past.

I hope Adobe doesn't destroy the Archive in its obsession to make money.

As in terminator: Adobe will send a bot through the Wayback Machine to terminate the creation of the Machine...(or sthg like that). I'm sure they're already working on it.

So perhaps we should Archive the Archive....

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I've spent 40 min on chat with adobe and they keep sending me to support community group. So frustrating! I still have CS5 illustrator that I purchased and I'm trying to update. I'm on Mac OS Monterey. What/how can I do it! Not the most savvy on the downloads/updates. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 will not run on Mac OS Monterey and support for CS5 ended back in 2014.

Either find a way to downgrade your Mac OS to Catalina or older or you'll need a Creative Cloud subscription.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/adobe-support-policies-supported-product-versions.html#Gold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin! What a dissapointment! I actually have OS Catalina and it doesn't work on that one either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mojave is the last OS that may work, although I haven't tested it. I'm still mainly on El Capitan, sometimes on Catalina. However, in the meantime I have almost no use for Illustrator & co., I've moved all my work to Affinity (and VectorStyler for some fancy effects when needed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines