Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Exporting Colours wrong to SVG and PNG

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've been searching for some way to fix this issue as it's been causing huge workarounds for me but basically in illustrator my PNG and SVG are exporting with dull, almost CMYK like colors. From the same file I can export to JPEG just fine but the other file types I'm having issues. I've tried everything, document settings are set to RGB, tried creating new documents in different ways, from web, from mobile, etc., the color palette I'm using is RGB created for web, the assigned color in the workspace is Adobe 1998, etc. It's been a problem that's been happening for a while so any support would be greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Try to use sRGB as your working space, Adobe RGB (1998) is not meant for web use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Hi

First double check your AI document is RGB, second add a HEX color to the shape and then export the PNG

if you esport the SVG, you can open and see the code, loog for the HEX code like 

"fill="#ed1c24" and double check is the same color of the PNG
LMK

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use sRGB as your working space, Adobe RGB (1998) is not meant for web use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First double check your AI document is RGB, second add a HEX color to the shape and then export the PNG

if you esport the SVG, you can open and see the code, loog for the HEX code like 

"fill="#ed1c24" and double check is the same color of the PNG
LMK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, even though my AI file is in RGB and the assigned profile is sRGB. My exported files (PNG, SVG, JPG) look much less vibrant than they do in Illustrator, yet the HEX code is the same in Illustrator as in the exported file. If I take a screenshot of my Illustrator artboard, it retains the higher vibrancy colours, but if I export it, the colours go less vibrant. It's as if the artboard is showing colours in a wider gamut than the assigned profile (sRGB).

Why would my AI file be showing colours more vibrantly/differently than when the colours are exported (same HEX colour)? It seems like no matter which colours I choose, they export less vibrant (or show more vibrant than they should in AI).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if your document color profile is also sRGB?

Doc profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is.

JessiahM_0-1646453362227.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bring a jpeg export back into Illustrator do you see a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suddenly my document colours now look like my exported files. There was an app update (version 26.1), but I didn't see anything in the release notes about fixing a colour or display bug *shrug* Thanks for your help, I'll post if I see it happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines