Adobe Illustrator files arn't opening - but only when the green check is shown?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone 🙂 I use adobe illustrator on a windows computer that is a fairly newer model, and I havent used it very much. This was working fine a couple of days ago, but now whenever I try to open a project on illustrator it doesn't open at all. No error messages, no warnings. The weird thing is this problem only occurs on files that already hav ethe green check symbol next to the file in the illustrator files section on the actual app. All of the other files (the ones I haven't opened on my computer for the first time yet but still have the icloud symbol) open just fine, but when I try to open them a second time when the checkmark is now there, the same thing happens where I somehow can't open the file! I don't know why this is happening! I'm unsure if this is a bug or just my computer.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this green checkmark? Not familiar with that. Maybe the file is open but hidden. Quit & restart Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are writing iCloud - are you using Apple's iCloud or the Adobe Creative Cloud?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the green checkmark when Cloud documents .aic files are available local; offline (when they are online only you see a cloud symbol).

Did you try to log out and log in to your CCapp?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Sophia2414345028vp,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you are using Adobe Illustrator cloud document, then you may try the steps suggested by Ton. If that doesn't help, you may try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/cloud-document-troubleshooting.html#doc-cannot-open).

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We will try our best to help you out.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines