• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe illustrator graphic styles

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to have a few very simple user defined Graphic Styles appear every time I open a new Illustrator document. I have the 4 I use most fequently saved as user defined but each time I add them to the default graphic styles next time  I open illustror they are gone again and have to be reimported. This is probably a very basic question. But any help getting them to stick ould be great and much appriciated.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give. I'm using illustror 2022 on a Imac using 12.3.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

You have to add them either to a template that you use or to a New Document Profile.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/create-custom-new-document-profile.html

You cannot directly save into those folders out of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

You will have to add the Graphic Styles to a new AI document and then save the document to the New Document Profiles folder in yout user's profile folder. You can add anything you would like to appear in your basic file. Save it as a regular Adobe Illustrator file and place as indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sorry I posted to the wrong place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add them either to a template that you use or to a New Document Profile.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/create-custom-new-document-profile.html

You cannot directly save into those folders out of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thank you Monika, would never have discovered that by myself 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to add the Graphic Styles to a new AI document and then save the document to the New Document Profiles folder in yout user's profile folder. You can add anything you would like to appear in your basic file. Save it as a regular Adobe Illustrator file and place as indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Larry, very helpful. Much appreciated 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines