• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Mac shows a WHITE SCREEN no matter what I do, what file I open, what option I set.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last update, and with new current update, whenver I open Adobe Illustrator  on my iMac Pro, i get a white screen if I try to do anything to any file I open, no matter how simple or complex.

Adobe Illustrator ends up crashing every time. This works perfect on the PC I'm using. I've been using illustrator for over 15 years and have never seen this issue.

I've tried the following and they do not solve the issue:

- remove and reinstall

- pixel preview (on or off)

- Overview Print

- numerous files (same on every one)

Video showing the issue (6 months and running):

My Machine.

iMac Pro (2017)

3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you see similar behavior while GPU Performance is disabled under Preferences? Is macOS updated to the latest version? This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you see similar behavior while GPU Performance is disabled under Preferences? Is macOS updated to the latest version? This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. 

Mac OS Big Sur 11.4

Updated to latest Adobe CC updates. 

I disabled GPU performace and now I can use files again however there is a boat load of lag, so now I can see the files and use them (no more white blank-out) but I can't use it efficiently, it's very laggy even with a powerful iMac Pro. 

Can you explain why this happens? Why did I need to disable my GPU Performance? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines