Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator read-only error

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue that I am unable to solve, even I went through some solutions suggested around the web and here. 

My issue is: I open Ai and it says it requires authorized "read and write". It cant be opened because it is settled as "read-only" in Preferences folder.  

I am a Mac user and I followed the instructions in this thread, but I can't find an Adobe Illustration file in my Library/Application Support/Adobe folder, though I could find an Ai folder in Library/Preferences called Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings, and one in Library/Preferences/Adobe called Adobe Illustrator. I have turned both folders in "read and write" mode beside my user name. This path hasn't solved the issue. Maybe because I don't have a file in the Application Support folder?

I also uninstalled and installed Ai several times, hoping in a magic change. The Ai doesn't open and keeps saying the "read-only" error.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this to get access to your Library folder:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process I have mentioned above is done in that hidden Library folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said " I don't have a file in the Application Support folder"

Did you find the Illustrator folder there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Illustrator file in there, nor in Adobe file. Both inside the hidden Library folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking in the right Library folder?

Look in User/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Not in Macintosh HD/Library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have problems, try to contact Adobe support who can look into your system:

https://helpx.adobe.com/it/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever get this sorted out? I'm having the same issue and can't find an answer to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most probably this has been sorted out by Customer Care:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I solved it with the assistance of Adobe customer care. They will guide you to find the missing files in another account in your laptop and transfer it to your primary account. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many people don't know how to get to the hidden folders in a Mac. In Finder use Go > Go to folder and copy paste this

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
The first ~ character must be there and the space in the middle. Don't mix it up with the folder /Library, which is not invisible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines