• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator seems to consistently crash after launch but still asks if I want to save

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much what the title says.

Hi, I've had this issue for about 15 minutes now, after my MacBook crashed. I've tried to relaunch Illustrator but so far, it has done nothing but crash. I though it was because I was opening a file from Indesign to edit in Illustrator, but when I tried opening and editing another file, I was asked if I wanted to save, with the only prompt being "save" and "no", but meaning it isn't actually a crash but Illustrator just... closing itself automatically. InDesign doesn't seemt to have any issue.

The creative cloud seems to be broken also as I cannot open it to check for updates. I'll be trying a reset of the laptop, hoping it fixes itself.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

I wouldn't have had the time, it crashes too quickly ! And even then, I don't remember ever changing them...

Post laptop restart, everything seems to be back in order, that was very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't have had the time, it crashes too quickly ! And even then, I don't remember ever changing them...

Post laptop restart, everything seems to be back in order, that was very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not unusual for rampant issues that arise suddenly such as you describe can be fixed by simply restarting the computer. It is the modern day equivalent of hitting an old-fashioned television on the side in order to get a better picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @magalieb14446335,

Glad to hear that the problem was resolved. If the issue reappears, kindly try running Illustrator under the root user account and share your observations.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines