• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Text Editing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only slightly familiar at the moment with PS but just upgraded to the all apps plan. I have been googling and trying to watch youtube tutorials but what they're showing is not working for me.

Why can I not simply select the text, then use the type tool to edit templates? Also, do I need the font & gradients within the template to have them remain the same but say what I type out? This given that I make it that far. I am trying to get a simple starting flyer done before tomorrow for a friend that just got me a side hussle job as an opening DJ which use to my profession.

Thanks for any/all help in advance. 

Sincerely, a Newb

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

All you need to do is find the font that has been used.

Delete the uneditable text.

Then put your own text into it.

To apply a gradient to text, you have to select it with the selection tool, apply a fill in the appearance panel and then apply a gradient to that.

You can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text is usually outlined in vector clip art. So you can only delete it and enter your own.

Please check out my youtube playlist about editing vector clipart: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVqhHu3CSohVhofyDlCIh3Z-Qk8qSmMqZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help, I have checked & there is no lock or clipping mask. Although the text are in groups.

So there is no way to change the text but keep the font/gradient? Sorry, I am just failing to see the purpose of a template if it is not editable?

If that is the case, I would have to make the flyer from the ground up, but I am crunched for time at the moment which is why I decided to use the template originally. That & I am as of now lacking the knowledge to make a nicer more professional one, again in the timeframe that I am alloted.

Again, I very much appreciate your assistance! The tutorial is excellent, it is just not answering the questions I have for this specific project.

I do not mind deleting & redoing all the other texts if I must, but it is allowing me to select & move the current text but when I go to use the type tool it just opens up a new text to the right. Is there something I have to do with that to replace the existing text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to do is find the font that has been used.

Delete the uneditable text.

Then put your own text into it.

To apply a gradient to text, you have to select it with the selection tool, apply a fill in the appearance panel and then apply a gradient to that.

You can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can, thank you. One last question, how would I go about finding the font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To find the font, before deleting the gradient shapes, move them to the side on a blank space on the workspce. Then apply black color to them. Move them apart and then take two screenshots that each have a word in them.

Then you go to

https://fonts.adobe.com/ (there is a button to identify fonts be an image)

and if it cannot find a similar one, try

www.whatthefont.com

www.whatfontis.com

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/matcherator

Maybe someone on this forum knows those fonts and can help as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines