• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After clicking Save, Save As or Export dialog box appear briefly than disappear in Illustrator 2022

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running MacOS Big Sur11.6.5 & Illustrator 2022 and cannot save or export new Illustrator files. My save window doesn't stay on screen long enough to resize. However, I discovered if I open an existing file I can start a new file and save it as long as the old file is open. It's a work around but I would like a real solution.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cWadeb,

We are sorry about the trouble. As I mentioned above, this issue can be resolved by updating to macOS 12.3.1 Monterey. Please update and let us know if the issue still persists

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one isn’t resolved. I just came up with a way to work around the problem.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cWadeb,

We are sorry to hear this. There have been two saving issues in Illustrator recently. If the save button is greyed out/ unclickable, I would suggest you update macOS to v12.3.1

If you are getting the following error while saving in Illustrator (screenshot attached), then update Illustrator to v26.2.1, released a couple of days ago.

Anshul_Saini_0-1649253164934.png

Let us know if the issue still persists. I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having either of these problems. I am running Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.5 and no Mac OS  updates are listed for my system.

Also, I have Adobe Illustrator v26.2.1

When I try to Save, Save As, Save A Copy or Export the window appears very briefly and then goes away before you can click anything.

I tried opening and saving an old file and it worked. I left that file open and was able to save the new file as long as I left the old one open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that @cWadeb. I have moved your comment to a new post as your issue was different from the one discussed in that post. However, I would still recommend you to update to macOS v12.3.1 or install v25.4.5 of Illustrator to check if you are facing this issue or not on macOS Big Sur 11.6.5.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want me to install an earlier version of Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, @cWadeb. If possible, please first check if installing v25.4.5 helps resolve the issue or not. If it doesn't, then I will recommend you to update to macOS v12.3.1.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines