• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Illustrator 25.0 upgrade crashes on every quit.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Illustrator 25.0 the application unexpectedly quits when I try to quit the application normally. AI preferences are lost and all changes have to be made again.

MacOS: Catalina

Abode AI 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already reset the Preferences as described in here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried the prefs reset multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update your app to the latest version(v25.1). Let us know if it helps.

Additionally, you may follow this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) to resolve such issues.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to 25.1 did not solve the problem. Still crashes when quitting. You should find crash reports under user "dmechling..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve had the same issue since the update of Illustrator - I´m usign Illustrator 26.01 - Windows 10.
Everything works normally until I try to quit to program.  It crashes forever, so I have to force it to quit - I waited for almost 40 minutes, waiting the software, but not happend. I install and unistall the program several times. I installed previous versions available (26.0, 25.4.1), but the problem still persists.

Illustrator is working normally, I can create my files and salve them without problems. The issue is when I need to quit it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sg_aguila,

We are sorry about the crashing/ freezing/Non-responding. We are aware of this issue, and we are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, you may try the 4th link shared by @Monika Gause, and it will help you resolve the solution until the fix gets released. Please stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anshul_Saini @Monika Gause @Met1 Thank you so much for your support.
@Anshul_Saini I followed the instructions of youtube video - 4th link shared by @Monika Gause and it worked! Now My Illustrator shutdown normally. Thank you so much!
This is the youtube video:
https://youtu.be/kenAIsJEyJU

Thank you all for the support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines