• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Outlining the Text, the Text box color get filed with a solid color in Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I accidentally meet with an issue when i outlined the paragraph text it got filled with solid colored, i'm not able to figured out exactly what happened below is the screenshot of the same.

Dilip5FBC_0-1630664170731.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Does this happen in other documents too?

When the contour of the textbox is selected with the Direct Selection tool you can see that is has a fill.

Somehow you cannot see the fill, but it becomes visible when you create outlines.

If you remove the fill before creatiing outlines it behaves as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I am unable to replicate this issue at my end. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? Could you please share a sample document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • A small video demonstrating the issue could be really helpful.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..

I encountered this issue working with the particular document below is the link of the same

LINK: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/f72471a4-88b8-40d0-4520-664beaf0d912

OS VERSION: Mircrosoft Windows 21H1  (OS Build 19043.1165)

ILLUSTRATOR VERSION: 25.4.1 (64 bit)  

There is no recent change with system it is working fine, i just need to identify exactly what happened with the parapraph text that when converted to outline it totally goes filled with the selected color in the text.

Also please find enclosed video for your reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Dilip Chauhan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen in other documents too?

When the contour of the textbox is selected with the Direct Selection tool you can see that is has a fill.

Somehow you cannot see the fill, but it becomes visible when you create outlines.

If you remove the fill before creatiing outlines it behaves as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's the issue i had encountered but what went wrong while making the paragaph text i was not able to learn still if i remove fill and create outlines the issue still remains, i had gone through appearance panel double cross checked the properties but still was not able to adapt the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Thanks please ignore previous post i understood the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening only in this document or in every new document?

If so, I would suggest to reset your preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton, 

The query is resolved it happened in particular document but i understood the thing on what went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dilip5FBC,

Glad to hear that you resolved the issue. Could you please share the resolution with us? It might help others if they face the same issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "correct answer" didn't work for me. My text is white. No fill on the text box. No way to see where it would be, direct selection tool or no. When outlines are created, the text filled in a purple pantone color that is not even in the document's artwork. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshots that contain the artwork (before + after)

the layers panel, the appearance panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share an example with us to test?

Dropbox or WeTransfer or attach a pdf with AI editing to a post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines