• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI 2020 v 24 New Document Profile folder docs deleted when uninstall old 24 - Pls Recover!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,
The AI Version of interest is 24.3.0
Have used AI 2020, 2021 for AI docs in folder Adobe made on my laptop titled 'New Document Profiles'
stored under the directory
C:\Users\....AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\en_US\x64\New Document Profiles
Used 2020 80% of time.
On 6/22/22 I go to uninstall 2020 v 24 to save space and unwittingly delete all 2 years worth of AI docs.
System Restore did not work. I'll save to new location in my drive when possible. How do I recover it all?
Thanks.

TOPICS
SDK , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screencap. 20 folders are linked to this New Document Profile, now inaccessible 
due to my error.
NewDocuProfileDocsMissing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You saved all your workfiles into the application folder -> New document profiles?

If the system cannot recover those files, then they are gone.

You should now:

1. get some extra harddisks where you can save your files.

2. Come up with a strategy of how to use your space on your computer and where to put what. Workfiles don't have a place in system and application folders.

3. Come up with a backup strategy

4. Install and set up backup software (such as an application that regularly saves the state of your computer on a separate disk, so you can always go back)

5. Make regular backups of your files, so that you have more than 1 copy of each of your files.

One addition: Just in case that after uninstalling Illustrator you saved nothing or at least not a lot of new files, or installed something, then you could ask in Windows centered forums if there are special recover applications availble that can recover more than Windows can on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines