Hello All, The AI Version of interest is 24.3.0 Have used AI 2020, 2021 for AI docs in folder Adobe made on my laptop titled 'New Document Profiles' stored under the directory C:\Users\....AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\en_US\x64\New Document Profiles Used 2020 80% of time. On 6/22/22 I go to uninstall 2020 v 24 to save space and unwittingly delete all 2 years worth of AI docs. System Restore did not work. I'll save to new location in my drive when possible. How do I recover it all? Thanks.
You saved all your workfiles into the application folder -> New document profiles?
If the system cannot recover those files, then they are gone.
You should now:
1. get some extra harddisks where you can save your files.
2. Come up with a strategy of how to use your space on your computer and where to put what. Workfiles don't have a place in system and application folders.
3. Come up with a backup strategy
4. Install and set up backup software (such as an application that regularly saves the state of your computer on a separate disk, so you can always go back)
5. Make regular backups of your files, so that you have more than 1 copy of each of your files.
One addition: Just in case that after uninstalling Illustrator you saved nothing or at least not a lot of new files, or installed something, then you could ask in Windows centered forums if there are special recover applications availble that can recover more than Windows can on its own.