• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI 2021 (25.4.1) issue with vectors turning to low res raster when pasting

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I upgraded my AI to 2021 25.4.1 on Saturday along with upgrading MACOS to Monterey.

I did not notice any problems at all until this morning. When copying a client's artwork into my dieline a lot of the vector data was somehow made into raster. Or at least it appears so. In outline mode not of the paths are there and the artwork looks really low res and bitmapped.
I confirmed a couple things. It prints that way as well AND a coworker who did the same upgrade as me has the same issue.  The file I am using is from September and I had no issues with it at that time so I can assume the file from the cleint is OK.
Another coworker is NOT having this issue however he is on 25.4.2 but that does not seem to be an option for me.

Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

unnamed.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. 

This is also happening in AI 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your Effect > Document Raster Effects > Settings... show for Resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is for appearance only? 

I am confused why pasting vector fills etc. would create an embeddxed low-res image in my links palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally this is at 300 ppi in documents based on a CMYK preset.

But vector objects should not convert to images when the documents have the same version or when you paste from an earlier version into a newer version.

You could see a problem when you open a document from a newer version in an older version that does not have the feature used to create the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it will keep us guessing. Can you share an example document from which you copy?

Dropbox, WeTransfer, CC filesharing, Google...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can do that. However as I explained in the original thread this file was fine in September. Only after ugrading the software did I have an issue.

Here is a link.

jamess17712580_0-1637015574216.png

And here is a before and after in Outline Viewing...

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 3.33.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I opened the file CC2022 (26.0.1) as well as CC2020, but could not replicate your problem.

After copy and paste into a new document there were no images in the file.

Which is good news, there is nothing wrong with the file.

Does it happen when you paste it into a new created document?

Are there clipboard enhancing applications/utilitys running in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thanks so much for helping!  We have over a dozen + users here and the headache has been immense to say the least. 

Yes, it happens when I paste into a new blank document. Whether its from 2021 to 2021 or 2022 to 2022.

"Are there clipboard enhancing applications/utilitys running in the background?"
We are using a variety of Esko plugins. These may be causing some sort of issue I suppose. But the team are all using the same plugins.

Reaching out to my team (all remote) the issues really started when upgrading both my 2021 AI to 25.4.1, downloading AI 2022 and to Monterey...

Some of us are having no issues. Trying to pin this down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell from a distance, but try to find if there are updates for the Esko plugins and if it also happens without them.

If the problems remain, see if Adobe support can help, they can have a remote look into your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Flattener Preview you can see what regions contain transparency and what objects are affected by Transparenncy. I downloaded your file adn see than most of your art contains trasnparency or is affected by it. The document also has Document Raster Effects settings set to 72ppi (Should be set to 300 PPI) This can vary between documents and it could be that the dieline document has a different setting to the original. If you create a print document then document raster effects settins is set to 300 PPI by default. If you create a web document then that is set to 72ppi, I would suggest to check teh blank dieline document to see if it is cconfigured correct.

You say you are using ESKO plugins, is that for trapping? As far as I know ESKO plugin is not compatible with 2022 yet. This may mean you are switching between versions in your workgroup. When switching versions of Illustrator the PDF part of the file may be used rather than the Ai file. This can cause flattening to occur and depending on Reaster Effects (Effects > Document Raster Effects Settings… ) settings and Transparency settings may cause rasterisation. Set Edit > Transparency Flattener Presets to High Quality.

I believe you have option "ESKO PDF", I would not recommend that option if it comes up if you have transparency in your art.

Your Rectangle in the layer OVERLAY (and SEAL AREA) is what is causing your artwork to flatten. In your layers panel a filled circle lets you know there is a complex appearance and should give you the heads up to know it is a layer that may cause problem in certain workflow. (Flattener Preview markes Red Objects Affected by Transparency)Skärmavbild 2021-11-16 kl. 06.59.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note you should be using Overprint not transparency for technical colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by technical colours? There are only CMYK colours in this document, no spots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly @Ton Frederiks,  Bleed Area, Dieline, Tear, Seal etc ought to be spot colours with overprint… but I'm guessing this is so that a client with any PDF reader should be able to view these they are on layers with transparency instead of spot colours with overprint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document raster effects settings should only influence those effects, and not the flattener. Also strange is that some stars are shown as not affected by transparency, but are ugly bitmapped in the first screendump.

I suspect the Esko plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this morning I started with a fresh brain and changed one setting on the ORIGINAL file. The Document Raster Effects. I changed it to 300 dpi and re-saved the ai file. Then opened it, merged the layers, copied and pasted into a clean document (also set to 300 dpi) and it worked.   I thought I had done this yeasterday but not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you've got it working.

You can always check if there are images generated with the Links panel or the Document Info panel.

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 17.14.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thats a good tip. Been an AI user since the famous 5.5 version and I learn something new all the time.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines