AI 2022 can't open AI files on Macbook Pro 14"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using AI 2022 on my M1 Mac Mini and on a 13" M1 MBP since this version was released without this issue happening.

Just sold my 13" MBP and got a 14". Installed CC and with a large number of AI files, which are shared via iCloud, when I try to open them on the 14", I get the message "The file "244148789.ai" is in an unknown format and cannot be opened." If I copy the file over to the Mac Mini, AI can open it without a problem there. Same version of AI: 26.0.1

Thought it might be a permisions issue on the new laptop but I have read & write permissions for the files. Uninstalled AI and re-installed but no change. Also reset preferences, ditto.

Any ideas much appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• Is this happening with a specific file?
  • Could you please share a sample document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud/Dropbox/ Google Drive and share the download link here or via DM.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines